69 members have voted

1. 1. Rate X-Men: First Class

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

Very good. Tied with X2 as the best.A-

Just finished it on Blu Ray. Wow, even better the 2nd time. I hope this can get nominated for something. (Which if it does, it will be the first film starting with the letter X to get a Oscar nod!)

It's a decent to good film and easily features the strongest acting ensemble in a comic book film aside from The Dark Knight. However, some scenes went on for far too long. But the climax was thrilling and there were moments of deep inspiration, so it's definitely enjoyable.

B+

A-I really enjoyed this, Michael Fassbender is awesome as always. But it wasn't perfect, some of the minor characters were a weakness. The action was great and the relationship between Magneto and Xavier gave it it's heart.

This is one of those movies I didn't like that much when I first saw it, probably out of bias towards the previous X-Men movies, but it has since grown on me with further viewings. I look forward to seeing what the next one will be like.

Edited by scottb

I liked this movie when I first saw it but when I watched it again I thought it was kind of meh. Fassbender and McAvoy were the only real good things about it., The stuff with the younger X-men was kind of cringe inducing, Also I am tired of this moral being shoved down our throats over and over again. "Mutant and Proud"! Shut up

Edited by Robert Stack
  • Like 1

This is my favorite X-Men movie. Young Prof. X and Magneto are awesome. McFass has great chemistry and they mostly carried the whole movie for me. The kid mutants though, eh, not so much. Don't care for them, problem is I think the movie didn't do anything much about them to make me care either. Rose Byrne is a bright spot, she's lovely. January Jones, on the other hand, is horrible as Emma Frost in my opinion.I like the music and direction, I hope Matthew Vaughn can return to direct another X-Men movie. I'm not really big on Bryan Singer. B+/A-

Edited by Sam
  • Like 1

Just watched this back to back on tv.  Saw it once in theaters 3 years ago.  I thought it was good by default formula, therefore i left feeling empty and unsatisfied.  Now I can see what all the fuss is about.  def 3.5/4 stars and not 3/4 stars llike what i originally had.  The X-Men always make good movies.  x3 and wolverine 1 are just for the action