Ezen Baklattan

The Boss (former title Michelle Darnell) (April 8, 2016) - Melissa McCarthy

27 minutes ago, baumer said:

So Kristen Bell is a name everyone knows, is featured in the trailer just as much as MM and her name isn't mentioned once...only starring MM.  Stupid.

Hopefully there will be a another trailer where her name is mentioned, I had not idea her role was going to be this big.

• Like 1

I think this is a big mistake they make when they make trailers.  They did the same thing in RIPD.  Kevin Bacon had a nice supporting role in that film and he was never mentioned.  I'm not saying their names will make that much of a difference in the box office, but it certainly can't hurt.

8 minutes ago, baumer said:

I think this is a big mistake they make when they make trailers.  They did the same thing in RIPD.  Kevin Bacon had a nice supporting role in that film and he was never mentioned.  I'm not saying their names will make that much of a difference in the box office, but it certainly can't hurt.

I'm pretty sure most of the time it's meant to be a surprise that a big name actor shows up in a major supporting role. For example: did anyone know that Laurence Fishburne was in Ride Along before seeing the movie?

Melissa McCarthy films since Bridesmaids alternate between good and bad (not counting St. Vincent and others where she wasn't the lead). Bridesmaids was good, Identity Thief was bad, The Heat was good, Tammy was bad and Spy was good. Considering the director of this is the same as Tammy, I'm expecting this to suck but the trailer makes it look ok.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cochofles said:

Kristen Bell is a name everyone knows? Since when? I am sure that her Hollywood profile improved thanks to Frozen, but a household name she is not. I don't think her name is going to make a difference one way or the other in regards to this movie.

She doesn't matter. This movie will be sold in one thing and one thing only. And we all know what it is. 

• Like 1