LexJoker

4-Day Wknd Est: AS - 105.3M, Pad - 25.2M, TWR - 24.5M,Taken 3 - 17.44M (pg 109)

He's not a favorite of mine, but I do always enjoy anything he does. And it's just disheartening to see the hate he's getting from all of the elitist film snobs because he keeps getting nominated for oscars. So what? 

Haters gonna hate, and ain'ters gonna ain't.

• Like 2

Last year proved that any time of the year is good to open a movie now. April had Cap, August had Guardians of the Galaxy, Nov had Hunger Games. Put out a movie the people want to see, and make the movie good, and the movie will do good. 

Every year there are different movies proving that. Summer was a dead box office season till Jaws, March sucked till 300 opened to over 70M there, Spider-Man showed that May can be used to kick off summer, Fast and Furious showed that April was not a dead zone, Gravity did that for October and so on. 

I agree with your takeaway, release a movie people want to see and people will go see it.

He is the #3 Chris on Marvel's roster. Evans and Pratt are bigger draws in my opinion.

The guy had potential, I seen it in Star Trek, but since then, like I said, he's been lucky. In Thor 1 and 2 and Avengers, he got seriously upstaged by other actors like Tom Hiddleston, Robert Downey Jr, Samuel L Jackson and Chris Evans. And don't get me started on Rush. Heck, Cabin in the Woods, no one barely remembers him, because it was the pothead that stole all the scenes, and all he had to say was "what the fuck?!!??!!"

• Like 1

Chris Hemsworth just isn't a draw that everyone thinks he is. He's just been lucky to be surrounded by others who are draws. I don't care what People think, they got the wrong Chris as sexiest man alive, it should've been Chris Evans.

Nobody thinks Hemsworth is a draw except blind the few Thor enthusiasts who stupidly believe that those films succeeded due to the guy and not the Marvel brand. He is super hot, but his acting is mediocre and his alleged charisma is nothing but people being dazzled by his beauty.

• Like 1

The guy had potential, I seen it in Star Trek, but since then, like I said, he's been lucky. In Thor 1 and 2 and Avengers, he got seriously upstaged by other actors like Tom Hiddleston, Robert Downey Jr, Samuel L Jackson and Chris Evans. And don't get me started on Rush. Heck, Cabin in the Woods, no one barely remembers him, because it was the pothead that stole all the scenes, and all he had to say was "what the fuck?!!??!!"

Samuel L Jackson? 

The guy's nothing more than a piece of furniture compared to everyone else. 

Nobody thinks Hemsworth is a draw except blind the few Thor enthusiasts who stupidly believe that those films succeeded due to the guy and not the Marvel brand. He is super hot, but his acting is mediocre and his alleged charisma is nothing but people being dazzled by his beauty.

You should watch Rush. 

• Like 2

Hemsworth and Evans are both very good but neither is a particularly big draw. Why am I seeing so much Evans vs Hemsworth stuff recently? And seriously, where is this "Evans is a bigger draw than Hemsworth" thing even coming from? Has Evans ever been in a non-Marvel movie that didn't bomb?

• Like 9

Hemsworth and Evans are both very good but neither is a particularly big draw. Why am I seeing so much Evans vs Hemsworth stuff recently? And seriously, where is this "Evans is a bigger draw than Hemsworth" thing even coming from? Has Evans ever been in a non-Marvel movie that didn't bomb?

i think Not Another Teen Movie made little money
  • Like 1