LexJoker

4-Day Wknd Est: AS - 105.3M, Pad - 25.2M, TWR - 24.5M,Taken 3 - 17.44M (pg 109)

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I believe it. I'm going to see it tonight. And when looking up the theater listings in the area, it was the movie with the most times available (which usually means most screens.

Seriously? It cost that much? Why? It looks like a movie that would cost between 30 and 40m.

Damn! Universal must have had too much faith in Hemsworth.

The NY Times has the budget at $80m and The Wrap at $70m. Legendary produced it and there was a lot of location filming - and well Mann.

• Like 2

He meant that, much like in the lego movie, in 50 shades things are gonna be played with in a way that they weren't designed to be played with.

And it'll be snubbed at the oscahs

• Like 5

Meanwhile, Blackhat did $179K last night. Bombs away!

Chris Hemsworth just isn't a draw that everyone thinks he is. He's just been lucky to be surrounded by others who are draws. I don't care what People think, they got the wrong Chris as sexiest man alive, it should've been Chris Evans.

• Like 4

Its big and it ain't going down :), about hour ago was thinking it could be as high as 30,see how goes into eve daytime is huge

It may well be the case that evening business grows, I am checking theaters near me and they are adding showtimes for AS even now. Hobbit, BH6 and Unbroken seem to be the ones losing the showtimes to accommodate Sniper (BH6 for Paddington probably).

Edited by grim22
  • Like 1

Where does the $60 million 4 day come from?

$25 million (including previews)

$22 million 

$17.5 million ($64.5 million 3 day) 

$14 million ($78.5 million 4 day) 

I don't see where they get $60 million 4 day from a $20 million+ OD. It's not a franchise film, so it should hold up rather nicely. $75-85 million 4 day seems more likely at this point 

That would be fucking amazeballs... January OW record utterly crushed.

• Like 3

The NY Times has the budget at $80m and The Wrap at $70m. Legendary produced it and there was a lot of location filming - and well Mann.

Yeah, I can see why Mann doesn't make movies regularly. He really over spends. I still can't believe Miami Vice cost 135m. What a waste of money.

Edited by Fancyarcher
  • Like 1

Chris Hemsworth just isn't a draw that everyone thinks he is. He's just been lucky to be surrounded by others who are draws. I don't care what People think, they got the wrong Chris as sexiest man alive, it should've been Chris Evans.

He is the #3 Chris on Marvel's roster. Evans and Pratt are bigger draws in my opinion.

Edited by TLK
  • Like 5

Its big and it ain't going down :), about hour ago was thinking it could be as high as 30,see how goes into eve daytime is huge

If it stays above $30 million then even $100 million 4-day becomes a tiny possibility.

• Like 6