kayumanggi

STAR WARS: THE FORCE AWAKENS | 1131.6 M overseas | 2068.2 M worldwide

17 minutes ago, solaris said:

Oh wow. That would be amazing. I hope it breaks out. I want to see this nudge $2.5bn!

Most of them in the China thread said, that this is unrealistic. It's more realistic it does that in the whole run there, but who knows ;)

1 hour ago, solaris said:

Current question - can TFA make it to the same OS ballpark as F7 ($1.1bn) without China? Are there any other territories left to open? It seems to be pretty much pacing identically to its NA performance... most of us have it finishing at or just shy of $1bn there, can it do the same or a bit more OS?

Also, what is the latest view on China OW and performance? Am I right in thinking that there's not much optimism?

Actually, to be honest it is almost certain that will make 1.1 billion without China. Rather, I think it is possible to reach 1.2 or even 1.3 billion. if show staying power through January and not fall quickly. There are indication to continue to show strength.

On the other hand China is too risky, but will see. Hayp and nostalgia and the rest of the world is understandable, but particularly to China is quite difficult to predict because of the reason that when the original trilogy came out China had no market. And just because it does not know how many Chinese fall for Star Wars. But assuming that fall as much as in the US, then the figure will be very big. I'm sure that SW8 will be bigger than current SW7 because right now chinese people will fall to SW Universe....

After asking about China I tell you that I read some article that initial indications are currently about in low end of 200 to high end of 320 million there. Yes in HK, Taiwan and SK SW7 is under perform... The three country usually show how some movie will perform in Mainland (China). But I still believe that SW will blow up there.....

Edited by Dipl Eng Kalin Kamenov
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Dipl Eng Kalin Kamenov said:

Actually, to be honest it is almost certain that will make 1.1 billion without China. Rather, I think it is possible to reach 1.2 or even 1.3 billion. if show staying power through January and not fall quickly. There are indication to continue to show strength.

On the other hand China is too risky, but will see. Hayp and nostalgia and the rest of the world is understandable, but particularly to China is quite difficult to predict because of the reason that when the original trilogy came out China had no market. And just because it does not know how many Chinese fall for Star Wars. But assuming that fall as much as in the US, then the figure will be very big. I'm sure that SW8 will be bigger than current SW7 because right now chinese people will fall to SW Universe....

After asking about China I tell you that I read some article that initial indications are currently about in low end of 200 to high end of 320 million there. Yes in HK, Taiwan and SK SW7 is under perform... The three country usually show how some movie will perform in Mainland (China). But I still believe that SW will blow up there.....

I hope you're right! If TFA can just match what Jurassic World did in China I'll be happy. Everything else on top of that is just extra :)

As of right now, without China, I'm predicting $2.097 billion globally. I don't think it catches Avatar even with China.

We leave this year with following results:

$124,6M UK
$70,6M Germany
$59,2M France
$44,1M Australia
$40,6M Japan
$23,5M Spain
$22,2M Mexico
$22,0M Italy
$19,9M South Korea
$19,3M Russia
$18,6M Brazil
$13,2M Sweden
$11,2M Poland

Happy New Year to y'all. May the force be with you!

• Like 7

South Korea according to KOBITZ

31 December 2015:

Star Wars 7  $677,086 ($20,509,407) admissions 95,006 (total adm. 2,803,270) no. of screens 582  11.54% (of the market of that day)

their money part is a bit fluent, see exchange rates

http://www.koreanfilm.or.kr/jsp/news/boxOffice_Daily.jsp?mode=BOXOFFICE_DAILY

I dont know why we are comparing SW7 to Avatar. its not coming close. Some of the markets like Spain/Italy have collapsed quite a bit since then while Latin American ER is just horrible. Plus 3d boost is no where in the ballpark compared to Avatar.

I dont think even Avatar 2 will beat Avatar unless it releases after 5 years(possible) and ER is much better than what we have now.

• Like 5