$29,700,000 Spain
$26,400,000 Italy
$25,400,000 Mexico
$24,300,000 Russia
$23,500,000 South Korea
$23,100,000 Brazil
$16,600,000 Sweden
$13,700,000 Poland

TFA continues to dump on the competition in Europe! About $460,000,000 in income in the EU alone and it's bound to cross the $500 mln threshold sometime soon, being the 3rd film to do that so far, and the only non-Cameron movie. It goes without saying that it's a monster OS, too bad the exchange rates hurt its gross. The current situation in countries like Russia or Brazil when it comes to the rates is an utter joke, heck even the euro and pound values respectively just suck so hard and seem to drop more and more every day. Ugh.....

The irony of the exchange rates is that they're even hurting the domestic gross.  

How?

Canada!

The Canadian dollar has lost about 40% to the American dollar in the past six years.  Canada's BO is about 10% of the NA BO.  If we were exchanging at 2010 rates, even the domestic gross would be 3 to 4 percent higher. 

Edited by LinksterAC
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Purple Minion said:

It's the biggest Saturday

No it isn't. It's the biggest "opening Saturday", which I'm pretty sure is a marketing cover because I can't find any other recent blockbusters at all that have opened on a Saturday. As far as Saturdays in China go, Age of Ultron's first was $38m, and I'm pretty sure F7 had a higher first Saturday too. There's probably more.

Edit: Age of Extinction's first Saturday in 2014 was higher, too.

Edited by hw64
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Purple Minion said:

It's the biggest Saturday and highest Disney OD ever in China, btw.

It's not the biggest Saturday, AoU was over 236M and Lost in HK had 240M+ Saturday as well. It's 3rd biggest ever behind those 2.

Edit LiHK had 246M and AoU with 236M are the biggest.

Edited by druv10 Maul

1 hour ago, bangbingchan said:

It's nothing to do with biggest Saturday in China,even with midnight,6th highest Saturday.Biggest Saturday start,Biggest Saturday is big difference.

Btw, what is the opening day figure including mid-night preview?
many are saying Y215m, but local tracking report are suggesting Y209m~

20 hours ago, Ajde said:

... income in the EU alone ... too bad the exchange rates hurt its gross.

The current situation in countries like Russia or Brazil when it comes to the rates is an utter joke, heck even the euro and pound values respectively just suck so hard and seem to drop more and more every day. Ugh.....

9 hours ago, LinksterAC said:

The irony of the exchange rates is that they're even hurting the domestic gross.  

Canada!

The Canadian dollar has lost about 40% to the American dollar in the past six years.  Canada's BO is about 10% of the NA BO.  If we were exchanging at 2010 rates, even the domestic gross would be 3 to 4 percent higher. 

The Chinese dropped again too, now 1 US$ = 6,56594507 Renminbi / Yuan ~ 2 days back it was 6.55 and that was already a repeat drop

Add the Japanese (JPY) too on this list... depending to the date to compare too it jumps too

7 hours ago, Purple Minion said:

Oh OK. Articles mentioned it was the biggest Saturday; they have now been amended to "best Saturday opening".

Deadline... they are really bad with their first shoot (post) than do research click-bait mentality.

Sadly several other outlets too seem to have picked up on the wrong / too early numbers and...

32 minutes ago, Elessar said:

We don't know yet what it will actually do. Let's wait for some numbers at least. With a $33m OD, i don't think it'll go bellow $125m, though. Even that may very well be all it needs to top Titanic.

How?

Domestic gross won't be higher than $950 mln. OS looks like $1.02-1.05 mld. It needs over $185 mln from China to beat Titanic worldwide perfomence, maybe more.

5 minutes ago, Juby said:

How?

Domestic gross won't be higher than $950 mln. OS looks like $1.02-1.05 mld. It needs over $185 mln from China to beat Titanic worldwide perfomence, maybe more.

Why do you assume OS will only be 1.05 billion?  It had big weekend last weekend.  I think it will do more than 1.05.  Maybe as much as 1.1 billion.  I'm fairly confident it will pass Titanic WW.

I think the OS gross will slow down at some point. Look at the biggest markets and you can estimate around how much is left in each of them (UK, Germany, France, Japan, Australia, etc). I think just over $1 billion OS without China is around where it is headed. 

13 minutes ago, Juby said:

How?

DOM could go a tad higher, OS could go $1.1b, all it needs is Hobbit 1 post holiday legs.

It might make less than the numbers above, all i'm saying Titanic is not safe yet.

DOM won't go higher. $930-940 mln. China won't do more than $180 mln. So, TFA needs at least $1.07 mld OS to beat Titanic.

Titanic is not safe yet, right, but chances to beat Cameron's movie getting smaller every day.

Edited by Juby
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Juby said:

DOM won't go higher. $930-940 mln. China won't do more than $180 mln. So, TFA needs at least $1.07 mld OS to beat Titanic.

Titanic is not safe yet, right, but chances to beat Cameron's movie getting smaller every day.

Well I disagree.