kayumanggi

STAR WARS: THE FORCE AWAKENS | 1131.6 M overseas | 2068.2 M worldwide

$1bn without China looks on target for me. Obviously I'd like it to much as it can there, but I think late legs in other major OS markets like UK/Japan will continue to be its greatest asset. 

Edited by Dan9

Yep, Titanic's original run has been surpassed.  But that's irrelevant.  

I don't think a billion without China is out of the question either.  So I'd love to see it pass Titanic but it will obviously fall a bit short.  But 2.1 billion is possible.

I'd just like to point out that on the first few pages, there were some predictions as low as 500 million OS.  That's pretty hilarious.  It's already doubled that prediction.  And it looks like it will end with about 1.1 billion.  

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Baumer said:

I'd just like to point out that on the first few pages, there were some predictions as low as 500 million OS.  That's pretty hilarious.  It's already doubled that prediction.  And it looks like it will end with about 1.1 billion.  

That's not including one of the worst exchange rates across the board otherwise we would looking at 1.4-1.5B OS. I laugh when people claim SW isn't big OS.

• Like 5

Although a small market that we are, the Canadian dollar has also dropped by about $0.20 since the beginning of the summer. Now I know that wouldn't make a huge difference in the North American gross but it can't be discounted either.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Baumer said:

Although a small market that we are, the Canadian dollar has also dropped by about $0.20 since the beginning of the summer. Now I know that wouldn't make a huge difference in the North American gross but it can't be discounted either.

True, it lost another 10-15M bevause of very weak Canadian dollar.

• Like 1

Russia is fun, pretty much double loss from FF7 ER..so can add easily nearly 25 mln from Russia alone, and from Avatar its 3,58 loss in exchange rate, just imagine. Its needed to get 4 times more people to watch it to catch Avatar

• Like 2

On January 21, 2016 at 7:00 AM, druv10 said:

That's not including one of the worst exchange rates across the board otherwise we would looking at 1.4-1.5B OS. I laugh when people claim SW isn't big OS.

The exchange situation is worthy of a Charles Barkley "turrible, just turrible."

Unless, that is, you'll be traveling in Europe in a few months like I am.  Then those hash brownies in Amsterdam come at an automatic 33% discount compared to 2010.  

But yeah, too bad for TFA

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, LinksterAC said:

The exchange situation asis worthy of a Charles Barkley "turrible, just turrible."

Unless, that is, you'll be traveling in Europe in a few months like I am.  Then those hash brownies in Amsterdam come at an automatic 33% discount compared to 2010.  

But yeah, too bad for TFA

They're just getting worse. With exchange rate just from April when FF7 was released  SW7 numbers would increase by 100M+ . With the current ER situation SW7 OS performance has been extraordinary.

• Like 3

On 1/21/2016 at 10:56 AM, druv10 said:

True, it lost another 10-15M bevause of very weak Canadian dollar.

SW7 made 58.1 million till Dec 31st...

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/canada-box-office-revenue-rises-853273

Assuming like America that was 70% of the final gross, SW7 will end around 83 million in Canada. 

Using Exchange rates...

Today 83 million = 58 million USD 

When the TA opened it made 58 million CAD and likely made similar amount in USD.

Exchange rate effect is huge. 

So it has lost more around 30 million dollars. 

Edited by Lordmandeep
  • Like 1