grim22

Weekend Thread - Saturday #s (Rth). 50SOG 9M, Kingsman 8, SB 7.2, AS 4.6, Duff 4.2, McFarland 4.4, HTTM2 2.2M

A more interesting question for this weekend's thread is "Why does Costner get so many leading roles in movies when he isn't a star anymore?" Black or White - flop.  Draft Day - flop.  3 Days to Kill - flop.  Jack Ryan remake  flop.  Does the industry not have enough White male actors in their 60s to accept roles?

The films aren't that expensive. Black or White cost 9m, Draft Day 25m, 3Days 28m, Jack Ryan was pricier at $60m, but also grossed the most WW.

All of them have beat their budgets in WW gross, though Draft Day is pretty close. They may not be super profitable, but I doubt they're losing a ton of money, either.

Also, Costner might just be a guy people like to work with. (I dunno, I don't follow celeb news.) That can count for a lot for getting repeated employment.

• Like 1

C00k13, on 20 Feb 2015 - 5:12 PM, said:

Look on the bright side, it lasted longer than Blackhat. :P

Blackhat finished with more money.

The Loft - $5.934M

Mortdecai - $7.696M

Blackhat - $7.889M

Strange Magic - $11.938M

Seventh Son - $15.076M

Project Almanac - $20.638M

(some films are still in theaters, for what little that will be worth)

• Like 1

A more interesting question for this weekend's thread is "Why does Costner get so many leading roles in movies when he isn't a star anymore?" Black or White - flop.  Draft Day - flop.  3 Days to Kill - flop.  Jack Ryan remake  flop.  Does the industry not have enough White male actors in their 60s to accept roles?

superman-dad-death-reaction-Kevin-Costne

Gotta be done.

• Like 6

Did anyone hete besides me see Mortdecai? The worst thing is that I didnt even hate Mortdecai, it's just dumb and way too long.

Jack, where might one find those pictures you used to have as a sig? They had a chubby boy with blond hair striking all kinds of poses. I would like to see them again.