grim22

Weekend Thread - Saturday #s (Rth). 50SOG 9M, Kingsman 8, SB 7.2, AS 4.6, Duff 4.2, McFarland 4.4, HTTM2 2.2M

Oh god, E, watch it. One of the best comedies in the last 30-odd years.

When I do my top 100 films of all time (shameless plug), there's a very good chance it will make the list.

• Like 1

You must stop what you are doing now and find a Fish Called Wanda.  It is mandatory viewing for any film fan.

LOL It's one of those movies that I've always heard how good it was but never tried to watch. Since its recommended so highly I'll give it a watch. :lol:

• Like 4

LOL It's one of those movies that I've always heard how good it was but never tried to watch. Since its recommended so highly I'll give it a watch. :lol:

If you can't find it (and I know you will), I'd even send you my copy of it.  It's that good.

• Like 1

I wonder why Disney continues to do these sports films when they clearly don't do well. Don't get me wrong, it's good that Disney are doing films that don't cost $150-200m+ but surely they could something like a family comedy or a romcom could do better numbers on a similar budget.

Sports films are hella cheap to make... that's it basically. ;)

• Like 1

DAJK, on 20 Feb 2015 - 10:04 PM, said:

I haven't seen the movie but I'm rooting for it. Out of all the movies releasing this weekend, I think it has the chance to become a cult classic.

So let me get this straight. You haven't seen the movie, but you think it could become a cult classic.

I'd make a further observation about that, but I'm pretty someone would report it for being a personal attack.

• Like 1

baumer, Perks better be in your top ten.

Nothing from the past 5 years should even be eligible for anybody's all-time top ten!

You have to give movies more time and more rewatches and see how well they hold up after 5 years or 2 decades or whatever.

• Like 1

At least he's lead a hit in the past 5 years. No, Man of Steel doesn't count for Costner.

Why not? He may have not been a lead, but when I saw him in the trailer, it was probably one of the main reasons why I bothered to go see it in the theaters.

So let me get this straight. You haven't seen the movie, but you think it could become a cult classic.

I'd make a further observation about that, but I'm pretty someone would report it for being a personal attack.

I do think that if this connects (which I'm not basing off anything) it can become something that teens will quote for the next few years. Not mean girls status, but won't be forgotten right away either for sure.

Further observation... well I don't know what can and cannot be said on the forums, but I am legitimately curious :P

Why not? He may have not been a lead, but when I saw him in the trailer, it was probably one of the main reasons why I bothered to go see it in the theaters.

We're probably way different in age, but I'm basically the only example I have. He didn't even register for me in the marketing. I dunno maybe I'm wrong, but I don't think it was Costner who propelled that movie to a 120M debut.