Chewy

Arrival | Nov 11, 2016 | Villeneuve/Adams/Renner | First Reviews Have Arrived.

2 minutes ago, 75live said:

exactly so you got lucky with free tickets to this one ;)

but yeah it's about aliens showing up and having to deal with that.  There's more to it, but don't know how much you want to know before going in to see it :P 

I have vague memories of liking a trailer, but it's Adams, Renner, and Whitaker. Plus, I'd probably go see it on my own accord anyway, so win win.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, RandomJC said:

I have vague memories of liking a trailer, but it's Adams, Renner, and Whitaker. Plus, I'd probably go see it on my own accord anyway, so win win.

yep that's the one.  So you should be good.  It's probably one of the only movies I see this month so I'm on board as well

Edited by 75live
  • Like 2

I wonder if this will end up as the main competitor to La La Land for awards season? It just seems like such a weak field overall and it looks like this may be one of the decade's best reviewed films at this rate. This decade has made bigger leaps and strides for getting sci-fi recognized among the top industry awards and accolades than the last several decades that came before combined. 

Edited by MovieMan89
  • Like 1

Just now, The Futurist said:

This will be mistakenly taken as clever "sci-fi" by most while being as basic and simple minded as Deus Ex_Machina last year.

have you seen it yet or have you decided there's too much of a positive consensus for someone as cool as you to like it?

• Like 10

17 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

I wonder if this will end up as the main competitor to La La Land for awards season? It just seems like such a weak field overall and it looks like this may be one of the decade's best reviewed films at this rate. This decade has made bigger leaps and strides for getting sci-fi recognized among the top industry awards and accolades than the last several decades that came before combined. 

I think Manchester By The Sea is being underestimated for a movie with so much praise directed at its writing and performances. Wouldn't be surprised to see it win SAG ensemble, and if there had been no La La Land this awards season, it'd probably be at least a temporary Best Picture frontrunner right now with Fences and Silence not seen yet. 

Edited by Jake Gittes