Plain Old Tele

Tele's 100 Favorite Movies aka "Comfort Food" (complete)

After 70 titles I still haven't heard of more than 15% of them. :lol:

As for Star Trek, STiD is better than ST 09. The rest are trash.

Your wrong on both accounts. ST09 is much better than STitD and the rest aren't trash.

• Like 3

Your wrong on both accounts. ST09 is much better than STitD and the rest aren't trash.

It's hard to be cynical or skeptical about Tele's list. A lot of enjoyable classics.

And then James has to wade in with a completely wrong opinion about Star Trek.

Have you seen how the old movies look? It's bloody awful, mate. And it's a space opera. If it doesn't have good effects then it is by definition a bad movie. Plus, the old cast is also pretty meh next to the new one.

• Like 1

Have you seen how the old movies look? It's bloody awful, mate. And it's a space opera. If it doesn't have good effects then it is by definition a bad movie. Plus, the old cast is also pretty meh next to the new one.

mortdecai_612x381.jpg

• Like 8

And it's a space opera. If it doesn't have good effects then it is by definition a bad movie. Plus, the old cast is also pretty meh next to the new one.

If that's how you define Star Trek then you know zero about Star Trek. Just because the new Treks have been spun out with modern blockbuster sensibility doesn't mean that they in any way represent the core of the franchise.

• Like 9

I almost lost my mind when Harris tells Mastrantonio to FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!!!!!!!  Powerful beyond words.  This was the second movie to make me shed a few tears.  

How can you talk about that scene without posting the clip. It's actually quite a quite surprising scene because I bet everyone would think Lindsey was dead until of cause the plot "turned around".

Goddamn it you never backed away from anything in your life now fight FIGHT FIGGGHHHTTT!

Edited by vc2002
  • Like 2

For the millionth time there is more to a movie than visuals.

• Like 6