kayumanggi

BABY DRIVER | Sony | From Director Edgar Wright | On Digital HD 9/12, DVD and Blu-Ray 10/10

1 hour ago, aabattery said:

There's still a month till this comes out here :sparta:

I think i'm gonna see this and Dunkirk back to back on the same night since they both come out on the same day.

Oh what a day that will be :insane:

Definitely the most GA accessible, perhaps a little frenetic for some audiences, but if they can get the WOM out there and convince people, I think it can have a decent run.

I wasn't sure how well it'd fare based off the first 40 minutes, because the 'musical' element is going to be a turn-off to some folks, but the last act is some really really fun stuff.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Honestly, having a 2 day head start will help this movie greatly. Audience WOM will be out before the majority of people have a chance to see it.

The question is whether they can get enough butts into seats in the first place. 

Just now, MrPink said:

The question is whether they can get enough butts into seats in the first place. 

At the very least it'll open to 10M for its 3 day; no way it goes as low as Rough Night. Sony isn't ramping up TV marketing as much as I expected though. It probably has to rely on digital marketing and social media.

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

At the very least it'll open to 10M for its 3 day; no way it goes as low as Rough Night. Sony isn't ramping up TV marketing as much as I expected though. It probably has to rely on digital marketing and social media.

They had a really consistent presence during NBA Finals which was a good move depending on cost, just gotta hope it was effective enough in selling the concept

• Like 1

No idea how much it will make, but it's the exact kind of summer film I want to see more of made, so I hope it does great. Keeping my expectations are that front low. The more I think about it, the more I like it, definitely gonna see it again opening week. The set pieces are a masterwork (especially the opening). My new #2 of the year behind Get Out (and it's actually pretty close to that for me).

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, tribefan695 said:

I'm feeling breakout potential here. It seems more mainstream-friendly than Scott Pilgrim and I think the GA is longing for some artistry with their entertainment right now.

Or it could very well go the way of The Nice Guys (which few could be bothered to see but was celebrated by those few who saw it). Really hoping I'm wrong, though.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Or it could very well go the way of The Nice Guys (which few could be bothered to see but was celebrated by those few who saw it). Really hoping I'm wrong, though.

It's got more going for it than the Nice Guys to be honest.

• Like 1

Just got back from an early screening from this and holy shit....this movie was fucking amazing! The action sequences, the music ahhhh so so so good! Easily the best movie of the summer and definitely one of the best if not the best movies of the whole year. 

I was at a packed screening too and everyone walked out talking about how great it was. 

I dont know how itll do opening weekend but im expecting this to get really really good WOM.....to the point where I wouldn't be surprised if it has one of the leggier runs we have seen. 

Well done Edgar Wright! I'm so happy he was able to make this movie. 

• Like 3