#ED

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice | 532m overseas | 851m Worldwide

7 hours ago, Heat Vision said:

Seems kind of low. 16 million for Tuesday and Wednesday?

Some of wed gross in a few countries are counted in the weekend gross. That could be it

8 hours ago, Heat Vision said:

Had an 11.1m Monday and it was a holiday in China.

So say 8.5 + 7.5 = 16 over Tue and Wed is reasonable.

I don't know if it did 8.5,7.5 on Tue, Wed but just saying that 16m over 2 days is a plausible number.

8 hours ago, Heat Vision said:

I find it quite logical. BvS has done $6.9m DOM between Tue and Wed. $16m OS would mean a 30% DOM / 70% OS ratio for those 2 days. In fact, it would mean an overperformance OS relative to DOM since the current ratio is 37/63.

Edited by peludo
  • Like 1

Warner Bros Pictures International’s somewhat maligned DC Entertainment superhero tentpole remains the one to beat heading into its third weekend.

Batman v Superman: Dawn Of Justice has grossed $450.3m internationally and $720.8m worldwide.

The film initially seemed to be defying largely negative reviews when it opened strongly, but a heavy 69% drop in the second weekend in North America prompted insiders to speculate that poor word of mouth had begun to catch up.

That said, the film stands a chance of breaking even and should cross $800m worldwide by the end of this weekend. It has generated $90m in China, $43.3m in the UK, $31.3m in Mexico, $24.1m in Brazil, and $18.5m in Australia.

France has produced $15.4m, Germany $15m, South Korea $14.8m, Russia $11.6m, Japan $10.9m, Italy $10.6m, and Spain $9.6m.

http://www.screendaily.com/box-office/batman-v-superman-hits-450m-international/5102391.article?blocktitle=LATEST-INTERNATIONAL-BOX-OFFICE-NEWS&contentID=40071

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

Nop, under $900m is really that bad. 

For fans that expected way more.....but for films that do around $800M-900M WW....they're still a success for what they are.

If you think between $800-850M+ WW for BvS is bad.....then you gotta be kidding with me......if you think that number's terrible. :rolleyes::kitschjob:

There's never a movie that made around $800-900M WW.....which it's performance was considered bad. None.

But that's your opinion.

Edited by MrFanaticGuy34
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

For fans that expected way more.....but for films that do around $800M-900M WW....they're still a success for what they are.

If you think between $800-850M+ WW for BvS is bad.....then you gotta be kidding with me......if you think that number's terrible. :rolleyes::kitschjob:

There's never a movie that made around $800-900M WW.....which it's performance was considered bad. None.

But that's your opinion.

Depends on how much money they spent on it. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

But that's your opinion.

You can't just take an absolute number and say 'bad' or 'good' (unless it's $3 billion WW). Given the costs and the characters involved, below $900M WW is just bad. But at the same time $900M WW for Zootopia is great.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cynosure said:

You can't just take an absolute number and say 'bad' or 'good' (unless it's $3 billion WW). Given the costs and the characters involved, below $900M WW is just bad. But at the same time $900M WW for Zootopia is great.

Oh boy.....BvS's WW numbers is always bad. Who cares? :rolleyes:

The people who expected more? Like, way more?

If it bombed or made just $600M WW....then it would be bad.....for haters. I haven't seen the movie.....but i can tell when a movie hits over $800M WW.....it's not that awful.

Disappointing? Yes, a bit. Bad? Hell no.

Edited by MrFanaticGuy34
  • Like 2

BvS numbers alone are not that bad when considering its critical rating.

They are just THAT bad if the damages done to the brand put BvS as the ultimate peak of any other CBM within the DCEU, JL and solo Batman included.

14 hours ago, Emirazza said:

Depends on how much money they spent on it. 

With all the merchandising income stream, Warner/DC is fine financially. Plus with such a heavily hyped title, they could have a much better leverage when negotiating TV/Cable/Streaming/foreign rights compared to regular mid-budget movies. All that constitute a major portion of their revenue. I also doubt the production cost is that high even for a big action movie like this ;)

Just now, zackzack said:

With all the merchandising income stream, Warner/DC is fine financially. Plus with such a heavily hyped title, they could have a much better leverage when negotiating TV/Cable/Streaming/foreign rights compared to regular mid-budget movies. All that constitute a major portion of their revenue. I also doubt the production cost is that high even for a big action movie like this ;) But everybody is right to be disappointed, everybody is expecting an easy $1B WW for this one. And as far as the addition f BAtmna, GA is obviously still very fond of Christian Bale's interpretation of the character. Affleck's version is a little too brutal & dark. Nolan's Batman movies may be dark but the atmosphere of his movies are not as pitch black as Snyder. You barely see blood in the Joker's heist or Bane's mano-a-mano with Batman in the sewer.