Dementeleus

AVENGERS Official Wknd Estimates: 191M - Disney

Assuming 25M holds I expect:

25.0M Previews

70.0M Friday (10M Morning/15M Matinees/45M Evenings)

70.0M Saturday (15M Morning/25M Matinees/30M Evenings)

57.5M Sunday (12.5M Morning/22.5M Matinees/22.5M Evenings)

197.5M Fri-Sun

222.5M OW

Maybe slightly higher on Saturday, I'd like to see this crack 200M from Fri-Sun proper.

I'm not sure what I think of the "fairness" of late night vs midnight showings. Although the quantity of showings improved greatly with late night screenings and time constraints for audiences becomes less of a problem, the "event" and spectacle has reduced greatly with late night showings. The urgency to see these movies on Thursday nights didn't translate fully when adjusting to 7-10pm showings. Thursday's now feel like just another day. At least that's how I feel, and it seems I'm not alone since late night numbers have not been able to garner the box office results of many of the "epic event" films' midnights.

It's nice, that a mod is not able to at least say something on topic and got only virtual facepalming in store at what I had to say.

So talking previews in a preview thread is not on topic? I guess you didn't understand what I said.

Edited by Neo

I'm not sure what I think of the "fairness" of late night vs midnight showings.

I hate the fact that early evening Thursday showings count towards the weekend gross. I know it's the norm now, but it's Hollywood accounting at its most annoying.

Previews at $40 million or not.

I am still sticking to $108 million opening day and absolutely destroying potter.

Edited by VGPOP
  • Like 1

Jesus, I can barely keep up. Lol 25M would be good, but I caught the hype-itis and got all excited... So it feels a little underwhelming. However, if it can still crack 200M, that is super impressive.