Plain Old Tele

AVENGERS Official Wknd Estimates: 191M - Disney

Because Potter was a 10 year franchise with consistent fans that were hardcore enough to que up at midnight, and it was the finale.. Avengers has more casual fans who are more willing to wait for the Saturday.

Potter was also in the middle of summer while Avengers is on a school day (May day is not a holiday in the U.S like it is in Europe right?)

Saw the double-feature last night at a theater that is probably near the bottom, attendance-wise, here in the Baltimore area. When we left, my brother, who attends movies there a lot, said he had never seen the parking lot anywhere near as full as it was at 10 pm last night.  Doesn't mean much, but it's a good sign.

It was my second time seeing AOU and I enjoyed it more this go-round, and the crowd was more into it, with much more applause during and afterward.  I attribute that to the first time having been a free screening, where you get a lot more Movie Fans, as opposed to the opening-night crowd, which is filled with Avengers Fans.

Whatever Previews are Friday day is going to be minimum 60+.

IM3 did 53 million and unlike Im3, AOU is getting good business from 10am-4pm shows and then Friday night madness.

This is my prediction for this movie. Originally posted in Avengers thread.

Previews - $40,004,000

Friday - $108,115,000

Saturday - $68,000,000

Sunday - $53,985,000

Weekend: $230,100,000

• Like 1

Just wanted to be here. Lot of fun is coming :)

I have no idea how to predict a midnight figure living so far, but if TA did $18m, I think something close to $30m should be the target,

30 million and you can start a box office party. 

Friday and opening record are done easily then. 

However it lower, not much to worry as I think it be like IM3 backloaded weekend then.

Edited by Lordmandeep

30 million and you can start a box office party. 

Friday and opening record are done easily then. 

However it lower, not much to worry as I think it be like IM3 backloaded weekend then.

How much did IM3 at midnights?