Dementeleus

AVENGERS Official Wknd Estimates: 191M - Disney

It's obvious.  The critics from RT made a conspiracy to not only get the review percentage low, they made a plot to steal money from every theater showing AoU.  They hacked into the system and moved the decimal points over.  If you are guessing this sounds like Superman 3, then you are right, that is where they got the idea from ;)

Sounds more like the Die Hard 4 plot.

Franchise fatigue? LOL Avengers was lightning in a bottle. Hard to capture that again. This will be the 2nd biggest opening weekend period. I hardly call that fatique.

It's technically fatigue as crazy as that sounds, or TA1, IM3 were outliers. FF7 won't even lose to TA2 by that much globally.

People seem to have difficulties to understand how enormous the first Avengers was.

You can t seriously expect a franchise to churn out 200m+ ow, 100m second week end, 620 m dom grossers every time.

• Like 6

It's obvious.  The critics from RT made a conspiracy to not only get the review percentage low, they made a plot to steal money from every theater showing AoU.  They hacked into the system and moved the decimal points over.  If you are guessing this sounds like Superman 3, then you are right, that is where they got the idea from ;)

I can imagine him looking like this when he starts his spin -

giphy.gif

• Like 2

It's technically fatigue as crazy as that sounds, or TA1, IM3 were outliers. FF7 won't even lose to TA2 by that much globally.

This is going to have a higher domestic adjusted gross than IM3. Do you just make this stuff up as you go along?

• Like 2

Franchise fatigue? LOL Avengers was lightning in a bottle. Hard to capture that again. This will be the 2nd biggest opening weekend period. I hardly call that fatique.

Around here it seems any movie that doesn't top it's predecessor by a considerable amount is going through fatigue.

• Like 2

I think it should at least match the $56.86m Friday business. Of course I could be underestimating the boxing match.

The first Avenger had a midnight number. It actually started at 12:01am local time, if I'm correct. This one had previews. Lots of people already went to see movie on Thursday night and even with that number, just barely (barely in box office numbers) beat the original $80.8 million Friday and couldn't even at least make $90 million even though it had $8 million more from previews compared to the first one midnight numbers

I don't expect this movie to increase at all from Friday's take. It already took a lot of money from previews.

This is going to have a higher domestic adjusted gross than IM3. Do you just make this stuff up as you go along?

And it was always expected to by literally every analyst & poster on here, the fact you have to bring that up shows how right I am lol

I can FEEL your anger Disney, the tears taste so so good.

Do i really live in a world where 84.5 mill OD is bad???

We hoped for more yes. But its great. And when tomorrow hits mid to high 60's everything is great again :)

• Like 5

I expect a surprisingly high Saturday. It's a Marvel movie, after all.

But it's going against 4 major sporting events all day Saturday, including The Fight Of The Century. So AOU will get hit. The question is, how hard will it get hit? Will it be a love tap or a knockout?