kayumanggi

Mission: Impossible - Fallout | July 27 2018 | Paramount | Reactions coming in | "Best action movie since Fury Road"

Ok. Just got back from seeing it a second time and I can confirm it was better on the second viewing (see it in IMAX if you can). The action is A1, of course. But, there are a few things about this movie I absolutely hate:

Spoiler

1. Dream sequences. I hate them in general and this film has the nerve to start off with one, so immediately I was annoyed. 

2. That kiss between White Widow and Ethan. Just...why? There was zero reason for it and it was awkward and distracting.

3. The interaction between Ilsa and Ethan at the end after his heartfelt conversation with Julia. Just no.

So, my current ranking goes:

Rogue Nation

Ghost Protocol

Fallout

MI1

MI3

MI2

12 minutes ago, divinity83 said:

Ok. Just got back from seeing it a second time and I can confirm it was better on the second viewing (see it in IMAX if you can). The action is A1, of course. But, there are a few things about this movie I absolutely hate:

Reveal hidden contents

So, my current ranking goes:

Rogue Nation

Ghost Protocol

Fallout

MI1

MI3

MI2

I agree with you on 2nd point in spoilers :D 

Edited by John Rambo
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, estebanJ said:

Yes, if there was an Oscar for Most Overrated Film of the Decade, Fury Road would deserve to win in a landslide.

Well there are Oscars for Costume Design, Production Design, Makeup and Hairstyling, Film Editing, Sound Editing, and Sound Mixing.

• Like 1

The best of the Mission Impossible movies.  Very pretty to look at, clean action, a solid B+ movie

The “BEST SINCE FURY ROAD” reactions definitely go expectations to high though. 

Edited by Pandamia!

36 minutes ago, Pandamia! said:

The best of the Mission Impossible movies.  Very pretty to look at, clean action, a solid B+ movie

well Fury Road itself is overrated highly, should have said the best MI film since Rogue Nation

1 hour ago, Pandamia! said:

Statement looks valid though. We haven't had a action (Not SH) movie which is as good as MI6 in recent times. Even Tom Cruise couldn't bring out the best in the form of Jack Reacher 2. There is dearth of action movies having amazing/believable action sequences like these and characterisation, plot, set pieces etc. 

All these aspects gelled well for MI6 which in turn has made critics and audiences receptive in such a way that they use Fury Road as comparison to say how great it is. 

• Like 1

Saw it this afternoon.

The action sequences in this were absolutely insane and should be watched on the biggest possible screen available. Even though I'd seen the behind the scenes and clips before had it still didn't prepare me for how incredible the finished product was. The HALO and motorcycle scene were my favorite but everything else was spectacular as well. That being said the story like Rogue Nation was dull for me and I hope the next Mission brings in a new director or at the very least starts production with a finished script cause you could tell they were basically just trying to figure out what they could include in terms of dialogue to set up the next action sequence.

Ghost Protocol > MI1/MI3 > Fallout > Rogue Nation > MI2

• Like 1

M:I:3 - the smallest b.o. success in the franchise - opens with $67,5 mln with today's ATP (with smaller number of theaters and without 3D). Anything under $67,5M OW for Fallout will be a sad start. :( I hope for +70 mln.

6 hours ago, That One Guy said:

It's not best since Fury Road.

It's better than Fury Road.

This is blasphemy.  It’s a good movie but it’s not close to Fury Road

5 hours ago, John Rambo said:

Statement looks valid though. We haven't had a action (Not SH) movie which is as good as MI6 in recent times. Even Tom Cruise couldn't bring out the best in the form of Jack Reacher 2. There is dearth of action movies having amazing/believable action sequences like these and characterisation, plot, set pieces etc. 

All these aspects gelled well for MI6 which in turn has made critics and audiences receptive in such a way that they use Fury Road as comparison to say how great it is. 

I just don’t love the Fury Road comparison.  I’d say it’s more on par with the action in Baby Driver (though I think I’d still like Baby Driver more)