kayumanggi

THE SUICIDE SQUAD | August 6 2021 | James Gunn writing and directing

59 minutes ago, NamakFiskKa said:

And if they are so allergic to paranormal/witchcraft stuff than why were Fantastic Beats/Mummy/Warcraft and other fantasy movies so popular there ??

Could not explain the Ghostbuster/SS ban but not Mummy/Warcraft (have not seen it), but for FBeasts it is not paranormal/magic/witchcraft the issue in general I think, but possession and ghost stuff in specific.

Bunch of incarcerated anarchists sanctioned by the Govt to do shady/covert operation (weird but Chinese administration wouldn't like to sponsor that kinda entertainment for the masses imo). 

This, it is not anti-goverment/anti-central government like the last Hunger games and in SS1 the operation of the main plot, the action of the Squad were not really shady and not sure how much of a big deal if it was revealed the saved humanity from destruction (or until the Justice League take care of it). The Squad itself didn't much stuff reprehensible, only element around them and in flashback of their life before the squad, they were the good guys in the narrative.

From wikipedia of banned films in China

Aynne Kokas, author of the book "Hollywood in China", explained that removing violence from the film would make it difficult to be released.

The real reason...

"Suicide Squad." Aynne Kokas said: "A case like 'Suicide Squad' is relatively easy to understand because it’s a really violent film and removing that violence would make it difficult to actually release the film."

:winomg::winomg:

Suicide Squad wasn't banned in China because of witchcraft but because local distributors fucked up and interest in the DCEU was low after people fell asleep in theatres watching BvS. WB had to make the Wanda Group deal to give Wonder Woman a chance and now if JL is supposed to the crowd entertainer it is hoped to be, plus the more colorful and fun Aquaman and Shazam movies following, there would be plenty of goodwill for Squad 2 in the Middle Kingdom regardless of themes. The Rock being in it just cinches things. It's pretty transparent WHY he's being included in the film lol

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Spidey Freak said:

local distributors fucked up and interest in the DCEU was low after people fell asleep in theatres watching BvS.

It was supposed to be a Will Smith action movie opening in China (thats a match made in BO heaven) , crossing half century would have been a cakewalk.

3 minutes ago, NamakFiskKa said:

It was supposed to be a Will Smith action movie opening in China (thats a match made in BO heaven) , crossing half century would have been a cakewalk.

A Dwayne Johnson blockbuster is a whole other level though. WB is going to move heaven and earth to make that release happen. It will help that SS2 won't be following BvS too.

5 minutes ago, Warmaster506 said:

They better come up with a damn good excuse for why the SS can take on Black Adam.  Harley hitting him with a bat and Deadshot shooting  him with an assault rifle is not going to do it.

Arm them with some scissors.

Just a little rock paper scissor joke for ya.

• Like 2
  • Haha 5
  • ...wtf 1
  • Disbelief 1

On 11/7/2017 at 6:02 PM, AdamKendall said:

https://www.thewrap.com/suicide-squad-2-the-rock-black-adam-exclusive/

Grain of salt at this point, mentions Oct 2018 start date.

WB is moving too dang slow...by the time they get the Rock in any of the DCEU movie he'll be way over the hill ....I believe it when the filming begins.

On 11/8/2017 at 6:29 PM, Warmaster506 said:

They better come up with a damn good excuse for why the SS can take on Black Adam.  Harley hitting him with a bat and Deadshot shooting  him with an assault rifle is not going to do it.

I don't think he'll be the villain for Suicide Squad 2. I'm willing to bet that after Shazam,  Black Adam's tomb starts to release enery signaling that he will wake up soon. This alerts Amanda Waller who sends the Suicide Squad to retrieve/destroy the tomb before he wakes up. Maybe in the movie someone else becomes interested in Black Adam like Onslaught or H.I.V.E. Black Adam wakesup in the final minutes and slaughters almost everyone.

Edited by Heat Vision
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, ChipMunky said:

I don't think DC is in a place that this should be on the shortlist of films to do.

Also, their catalog is so large, they need to figure out their priorities. I don't think this should be on it. Yet.

I agree that DC really needs to take an ax to their schedule...which was always overly ambitious IMHO...but SS 1, despite not being very good,made a lot of money.

Naturally they will keep SS2.

THey might also have a "Play or Pay" on the Margot Robbie contract and without her you don't have a SS2 movie.