kayumanggi

THE SUICIDE SQUAD | August 6 2021 | James Gunn writing and directing

Just now, MrGamer2558 said:

So we're looking at Shazam, Suicide Squad 2 and Wonder Woman 2 for 2019. 

looks like it.

looks like at least batgirl and batman in 2020/2021.

then there's GLC, Flash, Cyborg, Joker-Quinn and possibly : AQM2, Black Adam, MOS2

Just now, DlAMONDZ said:

Everybody but Joker/Harley are gonna be glorified extras aren't they? 

Nah. Suicide Squad can be great. And I'd actually have the next Suicide Squad film BE the Harley and Joker movie. Suicide Squad in pursuit of both Harley and Joker. It's a stronger and more gritty concept to me. I'd also like to see Suicide Squad getting some power up with the roster so a potential Justice League x Suicide Squad film could work.

A good Suicide Squad roster could be:

Deadshot

Rick Flagg

Katana

Black Adam (The Rock)

Deathstroke (Joe Manganiello)

Vixen

Captain Boomerang

against Joker, Harley and their guns. Hell, make Black Adam an independent agent or maybe the story could happen in Kahndaq. Regardless, very excited for this. Suicide Squad wasn't a good film, but that could be good because just like the Thor films it has a lot of room for improvement. 

7 minutes ago, Barnack said:

Almost impossible if Will Smith is involved (Do we know ?)

At this point if Will Smith plays hard to get I'm not sure if I care. It's not like I don't like him in the role, I do, but I don't think he's that integral to a good Suicide Squad film. More interested on getting this thing going when they have the right screenplay than waiting for any actor's schedule. 

55 minutes ago, MrGamer2558 said:

So we're looking at Shazam, Suicide Squad 2 and Wonder Woman 2 for 2019. 

Doubtful on Suicide Squad 2 in 2019. Justin Kroll said Fall 2018 to begin production given Will Smith's busy schedule. I mean, I guess they could look at a November or December 2019 but I would think April 2020 might be a better fit. At least this gives him time to write a good script.

Edited by TheMovieman
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, TheMovieman said:

Doubtful on Suicide Squad 2 in 2019. Justin Kroll said Fall 2018 to begin production given Will Smith's busy schedule. I mean, I guess they could look at a November or December 2019 but I would think April 2020 might be a better fit. At least this gives him time to write a good script.

December a no go as WW2 is in that slot and November is unlikely if they get Bond. August 2019 could work if it's not VFX heavy or February 2020.

Just now, TheMovieman said:

Doubtful on Suicide Squad 2 in 2019. Justin Kroll said Fall 2018 to begin production given Will Smith's busy schedule. I mean, I guess they could look at a November or December 2019 but I would think April 2019 might be a better fit. At least this gives him time to write a good script.

Shazam will likely be in the April spot since it still has that date apparently. I think they can pull off SS2 for an August 2019 (maybe September if September becomes the new Feburary) release.