kayumanggi

THE SUICIDE SQUAD | August 6 2021 | James Gunn writing and directing

If this doesn't start filming until later in 2018, I would be shocked if another film isn't set to film in summer 2018 for the summer 2019 release.  They have too many potential films in various stages of development to only have Shazam (New Line) & Wonder Woman 2 in 2019. 

Edited by AdamKendall

4 minutes ago, TheMovieman said:

Doubtful on Suicide Squad 2 in 2019. Justin Kroll said Fall 2018 to begin production given Will Smith's busy schedule. I mean, I guess they could look at a November or December 2019 but I would think April 2020 might be a better fit. At least this gives him time to write a good script.

Yeah, just saw that. If it starts ony by the Fall of 2018, then meeting a 2019 release date becomes hard, maybe. But then again, if it's short budget like Deadpool 2, it wouldn't need that much time. 

7 hours ago, iJackSparrow said:

A good Suicide Squad roster could be:

Deadshot

Rick Flagg

Katana

Black Adam (The Rock)

Deathstroke (Joe Manganiello)

Vixen

Captain Boomerang

Ok roster, but why can't there be more than one or two women in these films?

Of course, it is your roster, so you bring in whomever you'd like...but damn... :D 

Rick Flagg and Boomerang are incredibly boring, in my opinion.

Bring Lady Shiva (planting the seeds for a future Lady Shiva/Batman [epic] face-off...)

and Killer Frost instead of those two, man. :D

13 hours ago, Cochofles said:

Ok roster, but why can't there be more than one or two women in these films?

Of course, it is your roster, so you bring in whomever you'd like...but damn... :D 

Rick Flagg and Boomerang are incredibly boring, in my opinion.

Bring Lady Shiva (planting the seeds for a future Lady Shiva/Batman [epic] face-off...)

and Killer Frost instead of those two, man. :D

I hate Rick Flagg, both in the comics and in the film. He's their Cyclops that never got cool. My idea for Suicide Squad is to make the characters - especially the not great ones / with little potential from the first film - and kill them off. I'd be down for Killer Frost instead of Captain Cold, for example, it's just that the character got quite popular with the Legends show and I thought the DCEU could use something like that. Shiva is a cool idea, but I would like to see more development with Katana and this would be a perfect opportunity for bringing Vixen to the fold. I think five/six main characters is the way to go, with Flagg and Boomerang coming back to the body count, haha. 

On 9/6/2017 at 5:06 PM, DlAMONDZ said:

This dude seems kinda hit or miss judging by his work

IDK, seems to be a solid resume. Pride and Glory was fine but it's been many years since I saw it and any problems Jane Got a Gun had wasn't his fault since he was brought in literally the day after the original director left. Oh, and Warrior and The Accountant were damn good movies, one person brought up The Accountant was basically like a superhero movie, dark origin and all.

• Like 1

On 9/6/2017 at 5:04 PM, AdamKendall said:

If this doesn't start filming until later in 2018, I would be shocked if another film isn't set to film in summer 2018 for the summer 2019 release.  They have too many potential films in various stages of development to only have Shazam (New Line) & Wonder Woman 2 in 2019. 

The only other one that could go into production would be Justice League Dark. Someone like Joe Carnahan would probably work. OTOH, they recently hired a writer to re-write the script as the studio weren't satisfied with what a couple directors pitched.

I think Warner is going to wait for Zemeckis for The Flash; Reeves will get all the time he wants to get a script for The Batman (and eventually re-casting) and I can't see that going into production in time for a 2019 release, but I suppose it could happen depending on how far along they are with the script.

Will smith is supposed to be filming a different movie at that time. So I don’t know if that’s just a placeholder date that WB put up or if Smiths other movie got delayed, or if he’s just not in the movie a lot. That date does seem kinda fast if O’connor was writing a new script and pre production etc. Either way, we’ll see how things play out over the next few months. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, cax16 said:

Will smith is supposed to be filming a different movie at that time. So I don’t know if that’s just a placeholder date that WB put up or if Smiths other movie got delayed, or if he’s just not in the movie a lot. That date does seem kinda fast if O’connor was writing a new script and pre production etc. Either way, we’ll see how things play out over the next few months. 

Also Umberto said on his Periscope the other day that this report was inaccurate.

8 minutes ago, a2knet said:

So SS2, Shazam, Wondr2, Flashpoint next 4 (not necessarily in that order) DCEU after AQM. Probably Batgirl 5th.

I imagine JL2 and GLC will be November 2021. The Batman I imagine they’ll be able to slip in for Summer 2020

On ‎9‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 4:30 PM, iJackSparrow said:

Honestly feel better about this film with Gavin O'Connor then Mel Gibson

LOL that anybody thought Warners---or any studio..would give a film in a popular franchise to Gibson. The guy still has way too much baggage,all of it self inflicted.

He has made something of a comeback,but I don't see a studio trusting him with a major project.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, a2knet said:

So SS2, Shazam, Wondr2, Flashpoint next 4 (not necessarily in that order) DCEU after AQM. Probably Batgirl 5th.

Flashpoint seems to be constanly pushed back.

I am cynical enough to think that we won't see a solo Flash movie until the TV show has finished it's run.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Flashpoint seems to be constanly pushed back.

I am cynical enough to think that we won't see a solo Flash movie until the TV show has finished it's run.

At paris comic con they showed Aquaman footage and said this 

So we’ll see I guess. I think a flash movie is definitely coming. 

• Like 2

And how often has DC made changes to the film schedule?

Anyway, Looks as though Margot Robbie is going to greatly increase her standing with an Oscar Nomination for "I,Tonya";DC might just luck out with having someone they have under contract become a hot commodity .