kayumanggi

BUMBLEBEE | 21 DECEMBER 2018 | The end of the Bayformers Universe

1 hour ago, Noodlebug said:

Why not just have this tie into the eventual reboot? Seems like a complete waste to just release this and have that be it.

24 minutes ago, cheesypoofs said:

They're really cancelling the rest of the bayformers after this one? I don't buy it. They gotta make at least a part 6 to tie everything up

Yeah I find that hard to believe, just on the basis of what Hasbro told at one investor conference (I think?). And what if Bumblebee makes a ton of money?

Then again, Bayformers had a great run and that is how movie series used to work: you make sequels as long as they are profitable, with diminishing returns - and stop at the first flop. But in this age of franchise, it seems risky for Paramount.

8 hours ago, WrathOfHan said:

It's frustrating as hell that Steinfeld isn't doing much to propel her career forward on both ends. She's been doing the music for what, three years now?, and still hasn't released an album. She needs to streamline the amount of writers on her songs (or just go solo and write them herself) and truly make a chart topper. Or better yet, ditch music and focus on films! Edge of Seventeen got her a Globe nomination, so it's not like she's been forgotten in Hollywood! She has vocal talent, but the majority of her songs are so disposable.

She's talented, but she's needs a better agent. Things like her attempted singing career or Bumblebee, are doing her career no favors. 

• Like 1

According to this Bumble has a 102 mill budget. Can someone explain the number next to it. The 22 mill number. Is that tax credit?

And will this be the total production budget? Does that include salery and fx work?

http://film.ca.gov/wp-content/uploads/CFC-Approved-Projects-List.pdf

20 hours ago, AJG said:

Her music career is so strange to me. She’s a capable actress but an bland singer (extremely dull). 

Its like she missed out on the lesson Ariana Grande, Miles Cyrus, Selena Gomez, and Demi Lovato all told us: just do the thing youre better at. Steinfeld can act better than she can sing. Her music just gels into all the other 20-something pop singers. It’s a waste of time.

I agree so hard. Her music is completely indistinguishable from the other pop acts and she’s not even a good live performer. She took her pitch perfect role too seriously. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, fmpro said:

According to this Bumble has a 102 mill budget. Can someone explain the number next to it. The 22 mill number. Is that tax credit?

And will this be the total production budget? Does that include salery and fx work?

http://film.ca.gov/wp-content/uploads/CFC-Approved-Projects-List.pdf

This is the expense for the project that are qualified for a tax credit by the state of California, not the total production budget.

It include usually most of the bottom the line expense like crew salary spent in California and fx works, but usually none of the above the line salary, cast, producer, director, script, movie right, etc...

You can see here the list of expense that do not go into that number:

http://film.ca.gov/wp-content/uploads/Yr-2-5-Alphabetized-Chart-of-Accounts.pdf

The NQ ones.

It can be a good estimate for movies that shoot only or mostly in California but you still need to add the above the lines.

California only consider the first 100m or so of expense for tax credit, so movie with a number close to that maybe spend a bit in other jurisdiction also, but they must shoot 75+% of their days in CA or spend 75+% in the state.

Yeah the 22m number is the expected tax credit I think, cannot be sold, transferred or reimbursed here, but I imagine studio can usually use them directly and 100% of them in that state, they have 5 year's to use them.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Barnack said:

This is the expense for the project that are qualified for a tax credit by the state of California, not the total production budget.

It include usually most of the bottom the line expense like crew salary spent in California and fx works, but usually none of the above the line salary, cast, producer, director, script, movie right, etc...

You can see here the list of expense that do not go into that number:

http://film.ca.gov/wp-content/uploads/Yr-2-5-Alphabetized-Chart-of-Accounts.pdf

The NQ ones.

It can be a good estimate for movies that shoot only or mostly in California but you still need to add the above the lines.

California only consider the first 100m or so of expense for tax credit, so movie with a number close to that maybe spend a bit in other jurisdiction also, but they must shoot 75+% of their days in CA or spend 75+% in the state.

Yeah the 22m number is the expected tax credit I think, cannot be sold, transferred or reimbursed here, but I imagine studio can usually use them directly and 100% of them in that state, they have 5 year's to use them.

Thanks Barnack. Im exited to see the total budget for this one. I am far from a fan. Haven`t seen them all but its interesting to see how far down they can cut the budget for a rapid decresing franchise to keep it alive

• Like 1

On the run in the year 1987, Bumblebee finds refuge in a junkyard in a small Californian beach town. Charlie (Hailee Steinfeld), on the cusp of turning 18 and trying to find her place in the world, discovers Bumblebee, battle-scarred and broken. When Charlie revives him, she quickly learns this is no ordinary, yellow VW bug.

I guess you can say she's on the edge of eighteen sass2.png

• Disbelief 1

On 4/23/2018 at 5:24 AM, MCKillswitch123 said:

It would be hilarious (and sad) if the Bayformers franchise ended on the one good filmic note that it could actually have (besides the 1st movie).

Eh, if that happens I'm pretty sure Paramount would backtrack on the whole "final chapter" thing.