kayumanggi

BUMBLEBEE | 21 DECEMBER 2018 | The end of the Bayformers Universe

The trailer is exactly showing what I don't like to see in the movie.

That bumblebee-scared & huddled up-like-a-puppy scene is such an awkward and facepalm moment.

The goddamn cheesy The Iron Gaint vibe.

A fucking robot showing its sensitive side by gently holding a human in its arms and gently closing its eyes is even an more awkward and facepalm moment.

I really felt uncomfortable watching this trailer.

ywgS4.jpg

Edited by vc2002
  • ...wtf 1

I've never seen a Transformers film in cinemas, and haven't seen any of these films after the first one (I've mostly seen rants over transformers movie reviews for entertainment, mainly by double toasted), but this did give me some interesting animated movie vibe. The 80s references seem to fall flat and the military scene is worrying - I don't want to see this becoming another story of military scrambling to target bumblebee (but if done well I wouldn't mind it).

Pleasantly surprised by the trailer, also Hailey Steinfeld looks cool here.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, YLF said:

They know this isnt going to play well in the US dumping the trailer at midnight whereas its morning/afternoon in some places around the world.

Just Paramount MO. New MI trailer was also a morning drop. At least us non US folks get this at a good time unlike staying up till god knows to see it on Kimmel or whatever shit sports game had it 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Looks fine. But wasn't expecting a bad trailer anyway. No TF trailer has ever been less than great and am no fan of the franchise. I hope this movie is sweet and Decemberish.

• Like 1

I find it sad that Transformers is the only film series where I have seen every film in the cinema...

Star Wars - 5/9 (4/9 on original release)

Lord of the Rings - 4/6 (2/6 on original release)

Harry Potter - 8/9 (7/9 on original release)

MCU - 15/19 (12/19 on original release)

DCEU - 3/5 (2/5 on original release)

Pirates of the Caribbean - 3/5

Terminator - 3/5 (1/5 on original release)

struggling to think of any other 3+ film series where I've seen even half in the cinema... 

Edited by Ranger Tree

46 minutes ago, antovolk said:

Just Paramount MO. New MI trailer was also a morning drop. At least us non US folks get this at a good time unlike staying up till god knows to see it on Kimmel or whatever shit sports game had it 

who the hell stays up to watch a film trailer for transformers lmao. star wars I can maybe understand.

29 minutes ago, Ranger Tree said:

I find it sad that Transformers is the only film series where I have seen every film in the cinema...

Star Wars - 5/9 (4/9 on original release)

Lord of the Rings - 4/6 (2/6 on original release)

Harry Potter - 8/9 (7/9 on original release)

MCU - 15/19 (12/19 on original release)

DCEU - 3/5 (2/5 on original release)

Pirates of the Caribbean - 3/5

Terminator - 3/5 (1/5 on original release)

struggling to think of any other 3+ film series where I've seen even half in the cinema... 

Mission Impossible? Jurassic Park? Alien? X-Men? Planet of the apes? Saw? Paranormal Activity? Resident Evil? Bourne? Final Destination? Ice Age? Jack Ryan? Predator? Shrek? Hunger Games? Indiana Jones? Insidious? Scream?

I think that I have seen in theaters at least half of the titles of these franchises. And all of the titles in the bolded one.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, stripe said:

Mission Impossible? Jurassic Park? Alien? X-Men? Planet of the apes? Saw? Paranormal Activity? Resident Evil? Bourne? Final Destination? Ice Age? Jack Ryan? Predator? Shrek? Hunger Games? Indiana Jones? Insidious? Scream?

I think that I have seen in theaters at least half of the titles of these franchises. And all of the titles in the bolded one.

Mission Impossible, Bourne and Jurassic Park are too old for me. Hunger Games I didn't care for so watched first 2 on netflix then last two in cinema - opposite with Shrek. Saw the first two in the cinema (Shrek 2 is the oldest cinema experience I can remember) then didn't care about 3 and 4.

You would have to be pretty old to have seen all the Planet of the Apes movies in the cinema lol.

5 minutes ago, Mr Impossible said:

Hopefully they end it on a high note. It looks fine could see it performing well during the holidays. 

End it? Nah.

Much as I can't stand any of these awful films I will give this a chance - fresh characters (kind of) and doesn't seem to be part of the same story as the rest of the movies, and it's made by different director and writers. This is Transformers chance to reboot. I dont think a hard reboot is going to do any favours.

Edited by Ranger Tree
  • Like 1