kayumanggi

BUMBLEBEE | 21 DECEMBER 2018 | The end of the Bayformers Universe

I honestly think this would gross more dom if it was just a random robot lol. Looks like the kinda TGS schmaltz that could play well at Christmas if audiences didn't have such a visceral reaction to this franchise

• Like 6

I agree that this looks surprisingly good, I'm intrigued.  However, it will take a lot to get people to give this franchise another chance.  Fortunately for this movie, it has a very low bar and low expectations to pass.  If the budget is as low as rumored, I think this should make a nice profit and maybe open the door for a rebound in the franchise.

• Like 1

Actually not a bad trailer. Kinda like Iron Giant with some (kinda uncomfortable) Beauty And The Beast vibes. It was cute. Of course, it still looks like a Transformers movie, both in style and in plot (military subplot cause of course, with an extra, hilariously cheesy sprinkle of super serious bad guy John Cena.... closest we'll ever get to a Cena heel turn), but whatever, it looks like it dropped plenty of Bay's bullshit to make it a more watchable experience. Good on you, Travis Knight.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, DMan7 said:

Wonder which one will end up with the SW type run considering that was released in December with 3 movies back to back or which one will be Jumanji.

Don't know which will have the SW type run but Mary Poppins will be the Jumanji.

Out of all the releases that month between Mortal Engines, Alita Battle Angel, Aquaman, Bumblebee which are all in the same action-adventure genre, Mary Poppins is the only one that is more in the family genre.

• Like 1

That actually looks... really great. Coming too from someone where Transformers was their worst movie of 2014 and 2017. Probably 2009 as well

The comedy doesn't look insufferable, the action looks clean, and I feel like the characters will be interesting enough to follow for a few hours. 

Edited by DAJK

Soooo....is Paramount acknowledging they're just Rick Rolling everyone with this movie's existence?:redcapes:

Ok, but in all seriousness that trailer already looks a million times more compelling than anything that's happened post 2007 in this franchise. Amazing what getting it out of Bay's clutches did for even just a trailer. Granted I already get the sense they may be going a bit over the top with trying to make this emotional and give it some heart, but hey it's better than mindless explosions and racist robotos for 2 and a half hours again. I'll give it a shot.

On an aside, this Transformers spinoff doesn't have to breakout much to beat the Star Wars movie this year. :Venom:

Sorry, couldn't help it. :ph34r: