grim22

The Meg | Aug 10 2018 | WB-China co-production | IMAX 3D | Jon Turteltaub directing. Jason Statham fights a shark. Li Bingbing replaces Fan Bingbing.

The Meg’s posters are better than the film. Whoever did the marketing campaign deserves a raise. I actually think it was quite falsely advertised, which resulted in some disappointment. 

Could've been Piranha level fun. The first half is a bit of a drag. 

Cant decide if it’s a 2 out of 5 or a 3 out of 5. It still had entertaining moments and I thought the shark looked great. 

Edited by Krissykins
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Instead it was 90% underwater

That's actually not true at all.

18 minutes ago, KeepItU25071906 said:

And now I'm lost interest in this movie. Save money for Fallout second viewing. 

You should check more reviews instead of relying on one person's quote which could be BS.

• Like 1

"The Meg eyes 36M first bite in the US"

Keep them coming 🤣😂t

I agree with the reviewers that it really could have benefited from an R rating. It almost doubled low end projections, so it didnt matter in the end. 

Edited by OdinSon2k14

I've seen my share of NatGeo nature shows 🙂...question...I've never seen a shark behave like a "mass murderer" 🙂.

Yeah, it'll tear a stingray to pieces, but once its had its fill of that ONE victim, that's the end of its thurst for violence until next time 🙂

Am I wrong about that? A tiger shark is pretty ferocious...

Edited by OdinSon2k14

4 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Gigantic opening for The Meg

Looks like it did well here in the U.K. too, $4.4m, despite only having 5-7 showtimes compared to the other big releases recently 

I think UK cinemas really underestimated The Meg, would have easily cracked £4m with more showtimes.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheManFromBeyond said:

Of all the films to overperform and surprise this summer....

Well I guess we were long overdue for a real surprise breakout this summer since nothing really has. IW and I2 overperformed most of the expectations, but the expectations were already huge. 

Edited by MovieMan89
  • Like 1