Asyulus

Weekend Actuals | Spy 29.09M, SA 25.84M, Ins3 22.69M, Ent 10.28M, MM 7.83M, PP2 7.57M, TL 7.2M, AoU 6.34M

What trailers are yall getting with Spy?

I got Magic Mike 2, Trainwreck, The Gift, Maze Runner 2, Ricki and the Flash and Ted 2.

The "Ricki and The Flash" trailer is basically 'here is the entire movie condensed into 2 and a half minutes'.

Yeah, with a 12m friday, "San Andreas" will make 29m.

Those multipliers are actually too sad to be true.

Give those numbers to people, who know how to interpret them and make it a business. This is so annoying.

10-12 for SA? :rolleyes:

+200% from Thursday in June? :rofl:

And then it drops like a rock on saturday for a 28m weekend...

Also, 5 PM on the east-coast and they have numbers for a horror movie. Yeah, believe in magic.

Huge difference between Variety's 7m and DHD's "10-12m" for SA. Variety's number makes a lot more sense.

That's hilarious Deadline. Up to $5 million off a $2 million Thursday for Entourage.

zitijl2.png

• Like 5

So Spy was pretty hilarious. Melissa McCarthy but Jason Statham stole the show.

Statham was awesome, especially his line "My arm was pulled out, then I reattached it using the other arm", also "I went in disguise as Barack Obama" along with all the other ridiculous and over the top stuff he says. I wouldn't have minded him having a slightly larger role.

• Like 2

Statham was awesome, especially his line "My arm was pulled out, then I reattached it using the other arm", also "I went in disguise as Barack Obama" along with all the other ridiculous and over the top stuff he says. I wouldn't have minded him having a slightly larger role.

He was so great! here's his best lines for the people who haven't seen it yet!

you're awesome bro.

• Like 2

He was so great! here's his best lines for the people who haven't seen it yet!

you're awesome bro.

It's neither a plot spoiler, nor in any context, nor does it actually spoil any of the lines the way he delivers them.

Also, yeah, I am awesome, thanks for the compliment.

Spy was utterly horrendous. I just don't get the reviews.

Well it's a Melissa McCarthy vehicle, what do you expect. They are like Kevin Hart vehicle: crass, crude, and slap-sticky. 

Don't expect a Macbeth (wait for the Fassbender-Cottilard version, I heard it's pretty good), when you are going into

a Naked Gun.

• Like 1

I loved how Statham played a different character for a change. He was a tough guy sure, but only in the sense that he thought he was a tough guy. In reality, he was a bumbling fool. That to me was just hilarious.

What was up with the marketing for Spy? Just came back from the movie and it was surprisingly enjoyable. 

They tried to sell it as a typical "I'm fat and funny, watch me fall over" film, because of Melissa McCarthy, since they think that's what the audience wants. Really the film doesn't even have that many fat jokes, it's full of more hilarious gross-out humor then anything, just likes Bridesmaids and The Heat.

Edited by Insidearcher