Asyulus

Weekend Actuals | Spy 29.09M, SA 25.84M, Ins3 22.69M, Ent 10.28M, MM 7.83M, PP2 7.57M, TL 7.2M, AoU 6.34M

I was surprised by the number of F bombs in Spy. It seemed like it was said 500 times. IMO, it worked really well as an actual spy movie and less so as a laugh out loud comedy, although Statham was terrific. McCarthy is what she is, and if you like her schtick, then you will have a blast.

I was surprised by the number of F bombs in Spy. It seemed like it was said 500 times. IMO, it worked really well as an actual spy movie and less so as a laugh out loud comedy, although Statham was terrific. McCarthy is what she is, and if you like her schtick, then you will have a blast.

I take it you haven't seen The Heat?

Both comedies released this weekend are rated R and the horror movie is PG-13. Weird, would have expected the ratings to be the other way round.

Yeah, at first, I was pondering when was the last time 3 movies were Wide released on the same weekend and all 3 were rated R.  Then I realized the *horror* movie was PG-13 and was befuddled.

• Like 1

Both comedies released this weekend are rated R and the horror movie is PG-13. Weird, would have expected the ratings to be the other way round.

Spy is rated "R" in the US? Here in Canada it is rated 14A (anyone under 14 must be accompanied by an adult).

Spy was actually quite funny, everyone had their moments in this.

• Like 2

Horror movies make most of their money from teenagers , especially girls, so if they were to make them R-rated they are writing off a big chunk of their audience. It can work for some slasher movies but the days of R-rated supernatural/ghost movies are over.

Horror movies make most of their money from teenagers , especially girls, so if they were to make them R-rated they are writing off a big chunk of their audience. It can work for some slasher movies but the days of R-rated supernatural/ghost movies are over.

I totally understand that. However, I still cringe at the thought of a sanitized, "family-friendly" horror film. It makes me roll my eyes.

• Like 2

I totally understand that. However, I still cringe at the thought of a sanitized, "family-friendly" horror film. It makes me roll my eyes.

Poltergeist was rated R and the trailers made it look pretty sanitized.

The whole idea of a PG-13 horror movie just pisses me off.

That's another thing that I don't understand. Why exactly does this upset people?

Just making it R doesn't automatically make it scary or better.

There's some people here at work and they have that same opinion and it boggles my mind!

Edited by Boner Omega
  • Like 3