kayumanggi

JURASSIC WORLD: FALLEN KINGDOM | 22 JUN 2018 | Universal | J.A. Bayona to direct | The Park is Closed | NOT THE FRANCHISE WARS THREAD

3 minutes ago, BKB LOVES HILLARY said:

Honest to God, I cannot figure out why some people don't like this movie??? It has everything a dinosaur movie should have and is the most violent JP movie yet.. If you folks dump on this movie, I can't imagine how you'll all feel about the sequel to this?? There's no way they could've made this any better than it was...

Remove dumb annoying kids, get rid of that generic army villain guy, make the other characters more interesting... and yeah it might have been a better movie.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BKB LOVES HILLARY said:

Honest to God, I cannot figure out why some people don't like this movie??? It has everything a dinosaur movie should have and is the most violent JP movie yet.. If you folks dump on this movie, I can't imagine how you'll all feel about the sequel to this?? There's no way they could've made this any better than it was...

I like Jurassic World, saw it twice opening weekend, but I'm also not hard to impress with giant rampaging animals. I can think a movie is fine and think another director might make an improved sequel.  Isn't that what a lot of us hope for here? Improved sequels instead of subpar crap?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BKB LOVES HILLARY said:

You're always going to have kids in movies like this cause that's what these movies appeal to is "Families" which is why they make as much $$$ as they do and how do you make characters more interesting when it involves said characters running for their lives???

I'm not against there being kids in it - kids can be great actors, for example I thought the kids in Netflix's "Stranger Things" were fantastic. The ones in JW were bland and terrible. Also, the characters need to be interesting so that you care about them, and don't want them to get eaten by dinosaurs!

Jurassic World was a good film and a superb fun flick (rarely had such great fun like with Jurassic World at the theater), and surely the best sequel to Jurassic Park. 

Of course it's MILES away from Jurassic Park, but at least it tries to homage it while not relying only on that, with enough courage to take new paths and new themes, and while it has flaws, those don't manage to make the film a bad film, at all.

I actually cared about (some of) the characters. For example, that's why I 

Spoiler

was so sad when Irrfan Khan's character died. It was very unexpected. The theater room was very quiet in that moment.

I cared even about some dinosaurs "characters".

The action was well directed, the actors did good performances, there was some interesting character arc, the humour was hilarious and original at times, the music was gorgeous and overall the experience was incredibly fun, and it still is. No wonder why this film got $1.6B in the world. 

So yeah, I'm super excited for Jurassic World 2, especially because it's being written by the flawed but JP-lover Trevorrow and directed by that great talent of Bayona. 

From JW2 I would like to see more tension/suspense, more scientific-focused dialogues (like the one in JW between Dr Wu and Masrani, or the many in JP), new dinosaurs but NO more hybrids (although I loved the Indominus Rex, but that's enough for the JP saga)

Edited by IndyRex
  • Like 5

I just really hope they aren't going to base the whole sequel on the idea of weaponized dinos. That to me was the weakest point in JW and the part I had the hardest time suspending disbelief for.

It's just the most obvious track they have to travel in now, what with Ingen having removed the embryos from the Island and all... I hope they go a different direction.

While I did enjoy JW, Bayona's involvement in the sequel makes me hope we can expect (even) better from the next installment. I'm also encouraged by the fact that relatively, this isn't a rushed sequel. They seem to have taken their time with it, and hopefully that time allows them to get it right. I think it's gonna be big regardless, but in order to be huge, it'll need to be fresh and fun, and get even those who disliked JW excited again.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Morieris said:

Never looked at JW's budget before but only 150$million? Big payoff, hopefully they can keep that momentum.

Of course if it had failed - "How could you spend 150$ million on this?"

I guess it was $150M + marketing costs.

If I understand well, Jurassic World 2 budget will be $260M + marketing costs.

But I could be totally wrong.