kayumanggi

JURASSIC WORLD: FALLEN KINGDOM | 22 JUN 2018 | Universal | J.A. Bayona to direct | The Park is Closed | NOT THE FRANCHISE WARS THREAD

One of the producers said in December that they start shooting in London in February. (https://www.moviefone.com/2016/12/07/frank-marshall-bourne-jurassic-world-2-indiana-jones-5/

I guess there are rehearsals to get through first. I've also heard filming in Hawaii starts late February, but that wasn't confirmed. Really excited to (hopefully) get some more updates now that they're getting started! Fingers crossed for an actual title.

• Like 1

So, from what we know so far, filming will start in late February in Hawaii (February 27th if I remember well), and there will be rehearsals first in London, and Chris Pratt is already ready to go there. We know Chris Pratt and Bryce Dallas Howard come back, with Justice Smith confirmed and Rafe Spall and Toby Jones in talks. There might also be a character named Lucy, who will be played by a 9 years old actress still to be announced.

We know Bayona will give the film a scarier mood and that it will have a more "political" side (probably ethical stuff like dinosaur mistreatment?) and that it won't take place [only] on Nublar this time.

• Like 3

This probably doesn't warrant a spoiler tag since it's obviously going to be part of the marketing, but better safe than sorry I guess:

Spoiler

Universal registered two domains last month: IslaNublarRescueMission.com and AllCreaturesHaveRights.com.

http://www.jurassicworld2movie.com/news/jurassic-world-2-involve-dinosaur-rescue-mission

Edited by amelin
  • Like 3

On 9/30/2016 at 11:30 AM, Chewy said:

Of all the problems you could have with JW you're gonna single out the kids?

I had an issue with the mediocre values put forth in the movie. As a pure action film frankly it rocked and I loved it. But it basically acts like a woman who doesn't want to turn herself into a baby factory and loves kids but instead focuses on her career must be a horrible bitch and clearly in need of a character arc showing how by the end she's all kid friendly. No thanks! The world needs more strong role models who say fuck kids, they're overrated time sinks that ruin the environment and get in the way of actual achievements. But no of course you don't see that here because today's brats are tomorrow's moviegoers. I love capitalism but the dark underside is its dependent on more consumers, which means pushing the status quo on everyone. Have kids, don't have kids, do whatever you want. That should be the message. Not well bitchy mcbitch here values her awesome career more than these shitty brats but we'll done learn her that her true calling as a woman is baby factory! Yeah, go shovel that mediocrity elsewhere and leave it out of my Dino movies. 

Edited by JonathanLB

1 hour ago, John Marston said:

the kids in Jurassic World are actually the most like able kid characters in the franchise. 

I thought the both of them and their storyline were really sweet. I don't see why some people were so annoyed. The older one was obviously pretty unlikable at first, but he improved a lot.

Edited by amelin
  • Like 6

The kids weren't bad (incredibly annoying/cheap "let's leave the perimeter" plot device aside) it was just weird how the film seemed to be setting up some kind of character arc for them only for it to peter out into nothing. Mind you, no-one else had one either, so who cares I guess?

On 1/20/2017 at 5:53 AM, Bishop54 said:

Sounds good to me. I also want one scene where Claire runs in heels, just as an FU to all the uptight people complaining about her in Jurassic World.

I would not be surprised if a line is made to give nod to that. I can't recall where I saw it(here maybe) but Claire's footwear wardrobe was shown somewhere online in what looked like something official. Not a heel in sight.