kayumanggi

JURASSIC WORLD: FALLEN KINGDOM | 22 JUN 2018 | Universal | J.A. Bayona to direct | The Park is Closed | NOT THE FRANCHISE WARS THREAD

Well the script is done it seems.
  • Like 1

New interview to Colin Trevorrow and JA Bayona:

http://jurassicoutpost.com/exclusive-colin-trevorrow-talks-jurassic-world-2-surprise-guest-j-bayona/

Basically: 

- Colin has been working very close to Bayona since July 
- JW2 will be scarier and more suspensful than JW
- Some dialogue from the novel will be in JW2
- There will be animatronics in JW2, because of the big box office numbers of JW
- There will be new species of existent dinosaurs in JW2 that we haven't seen before in the series
- Colin didn't confirm neither denied about feathers in JW2, we will see during the movie
- Hawaii is a primary filming location, but not the only one. UK are just for the studios, but the movie probably won't take place in the UK
- There won't be militarized dinosaurs
- Bayona was surprised of some points in the JW2 script he didn't expect
- They already know the JW2 title, but they can't reveal it yet

• Like 1

On 9/10/2016 at 5:28 PM, m3racer123 said:

I'm not against there being kids in it - kids can be great actors, for example I thought the kids in Netflix's "Stranger Things" were fantastic. The ones in JW were bland and terrible. Also, the characters need to be interesting so that you care about them, and don't want them to get eaten by dinosaurs!

Of all the problems you could have with JW you're gonna single out the kids?

22 hours ago, IndyRex said:

New interview to Colin Trevorrow and JA Bayona:

http://jurassicoutpost.com/exclusive-colin-trevorrow-talks-jurassic-world-2-surprise-guest-j-bayona/

Basically: 

- Colin has been working very close to Bayona since July 
- JW2 will be scarier and more suspensful than JW
- Some dialogue from the novel will be in JW2
- There will be animatronics in JW2, because of the big box office numbers of JW
- There will be new species of existent dinosaurs in JW2 that we haven't seen before in the series
- Colin didn't confirm neither denied about feathers in JW2, we will see during the movie
- Hawaii is a primary filming location, but not the only one. UK are just for the studios, but the movie probably won't take place in the UK
- There won't be militarized dinosaurs
- Bayona was surprised of some points in the JW2 script he didn't expect
- They already know the JW2 title, but they can't reveal it yet

Not one part of this sounds like a step backward.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bishop54 said:

Is Inside Out 2 coming out around the same time so we can get a revival of 2015's well functioning team going at it in a close box-office battle for weeks again?

Actually, no.....the one Pixar sequel that comes out at the same month, but a week before JW2........is Toy Story 4. That could be the big money-maker that could co-exist with JW2.

I keep thinking of what I'd like to see in this movie and all the directions it could go, but this invariably leads me to remember how God-awful its predecessor was and I get mildly annoyed.

Just give me non-shitty characters and dino moments that act as more than cheap fan service and that's a good start.

JW is one of those movies that I recognize is Definitely Not Good, yet still loved and had a blast watching.  I think because I honestly just didn't care about anyone in the film and wanted to sit back, eat some popcorn and have fun.  I'm looking forward to the sequel.  Hope they ditch the kids.  

• Like 2

Hmm, I thought they were only starting production in March but Chris Pratt posted this today:

#ChrisPratt on Weibo "I am getting ready to go film JurassicWorld2. At the airport. I want to say thank you to everyone who saw #太空旅客[電影]##Passengers# this weekend. We are all very grateful! ?♥"

If it's really already starting to shoot, I assume we're going to get some more details about the plot and cast pretty soon.

Edited by JennaJ
  • Like 2