kayumanggi

JURASSIC WORLD: FALLEN KINGDOM | 22 JUN 2018 | Universal | J.A. Bayona to direct | The Park is Closed | NOT THE FRANCHISE WARS THREAD

28 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

This one will suffer a decline in box office like JP1 and JP2.

It was a zeitgeist moment for JW1 and its hard to replicate. 

Yup, I think it's obvious this will decline. The question is by how much. 

Hopefully the script for this one will be better and WOM will help mitigate the decline. I have faith in Bayona as director.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JennaJ said:

Yup, I think it's obvious this will decline. The question is by how much. 

Hopefully the script for this one will be better and WOM will help mitigate the decline. I have faith in Bayona as director.

WoM for the first one was already strong though?

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, The Panda said:

WoM for the first one was already strong though?

It was, but it still feels like a lot of people are uncertain about where this franchise goes from here. I think if reviews are good and the movie manages to do something new and exciting, that will surely help.

JW was a culmination of everything the original JP set up, with the park opening. The sequel would have to take this in a fresh direction. I'm very curious to see where this is headed.

• Like 2

I think it's promising that they seem to be going for something pretty different this time around, especially considering the fact that it's supposed to be more suspenseful. Hopefully that'll draw some people in. But yeah, it's sure to decline now that the novelty's worn off.

34 minutes ago, CaptainJackSparrow said:

As much as I love the franchise, honestly I don't see the need for a sequel. The park has already opened. The next movie will just be a regular dinosaur movie.

Probably the most irritating thing about JW was that it wasted its own premise. The entire marketing campaign promised tourist-filled park chaos but that only really happened in a single scene. The rest might as well have been on a deserted island like all the other films.

But hey, I love JP so much that if WOM was much stronger for the next film I'd probably give it a shot.

Edited by Hatebox
  • Like 2

It's been years since I've seen it, but I do remember that The Orphanage scared the crap out of me. This obviously isn't going to be as scary as that, but I fully expect Bayona to deliver on the promise of suspense. Really looking forward to that.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, CaptainJackSparrow said:

As much as I love the franchise, honestly I don't see the need for a sequel. The park has already opened. The next movie will just be a regular dinosaur movie.

Thats exactly why.

people want a dinosaur movie and JP is really the only way to get it.

A franchise like JP owns dinosaurs. You can't make another dinosaur centric movie without people viewing it as a stupid B movie or JP rip off.

look at Jaws, same thing, if you make a shark movie it's a wanna be Jaws, or a B movie.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

I'm way more curious about the plot, tbh, I don't see any way how it's possible to make a good Jurassic Park movie without a park, I hope I'll be wrong, although.

At this point the question is whether they can make a good Jurassic Park sequel at all. :jeb!:

Spoiler

I actually thought the third was fairly dumb fun.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Hatebox said:

At this point the question is whether they can make a good Jurassic Park sequel at all. :jeb!:

Hide contents

I actually thought the third was fairly dumb fun.

The third was the worst of the franchise.

Fuck that stupid fucking Spinosaurus. I know it's a movie but there is no conceivable reason why it should have won the fight against T-Rex other than Jack Horner's dumbass boner for it. Literally have never been as mad at a movie as I was at that moment.

JP3 sucks.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, AABATTERY said:

The third was the worst of the franchise.

Fuck that stupid fucking Spinosaurus. I know it's a movie but there is no conceivable reason why it should have won the fight against T-Rex other than Jack Horner's dumbass boner for it. Literally have never been as mad at a movie as I was at that moment.

JP3 sucks.

The movie sucks, but it's hilarious how many people rage about the Spinosaurus. That's the least of JP3's problems. :lol:

• Like 4

Just now, elcaballero said:

The movie sucks, but it's hilarious how many people rage about the Spinosaurus. That's the least of JP3's problems. :lol:

You're wrong here. It was the most grievous of all it's errors. The movie might have been somewhat forgivable if not for that, but nope. It honestly offended the fuck out of me. Just spat in the face of paleontology. Fuck Jack Horner. And his spino-boner.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, AABATTERY said:

You're wrong here. It was the most grievous of all it's errors. The movie might have been somewhat forgivable if not for that, but nope. It honestly offended the fuck out of me. Just spat in the face of paleontology. Fuck Jack Horner. And his spino-boner.

It's hilarious because one of my friends actually bitched about it earlier this week. No one talks about JP3 except to complain about the T-Rex vs Spino fight.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, elcaballero said:

It's hilarious because one of my friends actually bitched about it earlier this week. No one talks about JP3 except to complain about the T-Rex vs Spino fight.

Because it was fucking stupid. As soon as T-Rex got the hold on it's neck the fight was over but Jack fucking Horner waltzed in and was all "let's not have a good movie" and then made the Spinosaurus win. Dumb as hell. Shit movie.

Jurassic World redeemed the franchise when T-Rex broke the spino skeleton. Very satisfying.

• Like 1