kayumanggi

JURASSIC WORLD: FALLEN KINGDOM | 22 JUN 2018 | Universal | J.A. Bayona to direct | The Park is Closed | NOT THE FRANCHISE WARS THREAD

27 minutes ago, Mekanos said:

It's funny because every time early reviews come in people think a score will go up/stabilize even though 9 times out of 10 it goes down from the initial score.

but this time it will stabilize.

mdv.gif

• Like 1

Eh, never intended to go to a Jurassic Park movie for its story or characters. I couldn't care less about JW's stupid teens or the romance between Pratt and that high heels running lady. They are just background noise for the awesome dinosaurs

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, bladels said:

Eh, never intended to go to a Jurassic Park movie for its story or characters. I couldn't care less about JW's stupid teens or the romance between Pratt and that high heels running lady. They are just background noise for the awesome dinosaurs

Oh boy, are you going to hate Fallen Kingdom.

Kinda funny how early reaction is already mirroring the trajectory of The Lost World...even though JW is no Jurassic Park.  In fact, yes, it would be hard for this to be worse than JW, in my opinion, too.

I now fully expect JW3, like JP3, to be even worse-rated but ultimately championed as a 'savage improvement' by a tiny tiny section of its audience. 

:sparta:

Edited by Macleod

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Greater Sacramento Area Seat Report: T-16 Days and counting

Sellouts

Showings

Seats left

Total Seats

Perct Sold

TOTALS

12.43%

Total Seats Sold Today:      106

.2102x as many tickets sold as Infinity War after 7 days of pre-sales.

.1691x as many tickets sold as Infinity War 16 days before release. (IW had 19 more days of pre-sales)

.5122x as many tickets sold as Black Panther 16 days before release (BP had 16 more days of pre-sales)  [I don't have info for day one of pre-sales for BP]

.5732x as many tickets sold as Deadpool 2  16 days before release (DP2 had one plus more days of pre-sales) [Some theaters also went on sale early for DP2]

.4072x as many tickets sold as Solo 16 days before release pre-sales (Solo had 20 days of pre-sales compared to JW:FK's 22 days of presales) 

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Sam said:

That’s not simply pessimistic, if you ask @Brainbug, that’s a disastrous scenario lol. 

Yep, because the fall (especially) DOM would be kinda unprecedented. Like always with BO, its not impossible, but i dont see it happen. It would need extremely awful WOM among the GA to do that. And while the Film surely isnt made for critics, the GA could very well embrace it - just like the first JW. Well see :).

• Like 1

We've seen so many "sure things" from established franchises tank in the last year that I really don't have a great idea how this will do. I think the 650M intake of JW gives it a huge cushion, and FK shouldn't drop more than 50% from that. Like I said before, sort of the reference I'm using is F7 > F8. A dropoff like that takes it to about 415M DOM, which is in range of my 375M prediction. But I don't know. The GA are tricky to pin down. I'll be very fascinated watching this movie's run. 

Edited by Mekanos

I think it felt different than the first one. It's more story focused, but lacks big action and have little to no surprises. It lacks humor as well. Kinda in the middle, where the reviews are pointing in. It's not unwatchable, but I think it might have bad legs, because has little replay value

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Have been trying to figure out one of the many bullish ways of getting FK to 450 DOM. Seems difficult but not impossible:

JW2 20.5 + 52.5 (2.5x) + 55.6 (+06%) + 43.4 (-22%) = 172.0 (8.4x previews) ... 2.62 gives 450+

JW1 18.5 + 63.5 (3.4x) + 69.6 (+10%) + 57.2 (-18%) = 208.8 (11.3x previews) ... 3.12 for 652.3