kayumanggi

JURASSIC WORLD: FALLEN KINGDOM | 22 JUN 2018 | Universal | J.A. Bayona to direct | The Park is Closed | NOT THE FRANCHISE WARS THREAD

2 hours ago, Thrylos 7 said:

Sequelitis for sequels to beloved first films shouldn’t set in the opening days/weekends but later. If nothing else the anticipation for a sequel to a beloved film should cause the sequel to open higher .

Not nowadays where people getting sequels thrown at them every few months. Coming off a beloved first movie helps but it's only part of the ingredients needed to out open your predessessors huge opening OW. People still want a reason to turn up

I was so hyped for this movie coz I loved the first JW but I didn't like this one at all. I am all for not caring about logic in these movies but the amount of dumb decisions that characters take in this movie beggars belief. It almost made me angry. I still hope it does well but I am not as optimistic as I was before. I am expecting middling/lukewarm WOM atleast in India if my showing is any indication.

4/10

Edited by oMeriMombatti
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, oMeriMombatti said:

I was so hyped for this movie coz I loved the first JW but I didn't like this one at all. I am all for not caring about logic in these movies but the amount of dumb decisions that characters take in this movie beggars belief. It almost made me angry. I still hope it does well but I am not as optimistic as I was before. I am expecting middling/lukewarm WOM atleast in India if my showing is any indication.

4/10

Image result for ouch gif

Barely average movie. Way less than JW1.

The movie sticks to the story and it should had strong writing , instead it had medicore writing (way lot of dumb , absurd & silly scenes , particularly one scene was just godawful)

paltry direction.

Performances were decent.

Finally that Color Palette was pretty bad.

In India , online ticket selling site bookmyshow currently has it  at 78% , which indicates average response. 

Average critic reviews on this site is 2.3/5 indicates pretty bad.Part1 was at 3.2/5.

• Like 3
  • ...wtf 1

Done with my 3rd viewing in 24 hours. Gets better with each viewing. Love it! My girlfriend said it was miles better than JW and feels more like a direct sequel to the original trilogy. 

Almost all shows at all major cinemas are sold out here in Dubai and the audience seems to love it. The only bittersweet part is that the younger generation are starting to identify the franchise as Jurassic World rather than Jurassic Park. I'm 25 and I feel old now lol but it will always be Jurassic Park to me! 

Edited by scoobysaurus
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Astonished 1

amazing that they kept a sub-200 prod budget

The offhand projection this weekend points to a $140 million global launch, which would be fine for a $170-budgeted dino sequel (no, it didn’t cost $260m as was reported all over the Internet for about ten minutes last year) with lots of territories awaiting the big launch. 

https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2018/06/07/box-office-jurassic-world-fallen-kingdom-opens-with-20m-overseas/#75696bd36c04

• Like 1