K1stpierre

Jurassic World Weekend Thread | Official Est. 204.6M | 208.8M - Actuals

Even without the record, there is so much to like about this weekend.

Unless you are playing Baumer's summer game, in which we all just lost :/

I was just looking at that. Might as well mark us all in the red

• Like 1

quadruple_facepalm.jpg

I hope JW takes the record only because TA certainly is one of the biggest fails in movie history and does not deserve it, but if the Sat number comes closer o the Deadline estimate somehow, it will be hilarious to watch your reaction :lol:

The admissions vs box office argument is so tedious. Studios are only bothered about how much a film grosses, not admissions. They don't care and i don't care.

There are too many factors and variables involved anyway so its never perfect, box office numbers are though.

• Like 3

This is insanity. My gut told me to go higher than 150 for this. I only made that prediction because literally everyone else was saying 100-125.

You're not alone. I was thinking around 175-180M for the OW on Thursday, but I dropped it all the way down to 130 as the Americans on the board were all predicting 100-125, and I figured they are more likely to be right given that I don't live in the US.

But oh well, it's just numbers :) don't worry too much about it.

• Like 1

It's all about the Sunday drop and how the NBA and all HBO season finales will affect today.

There might be an argument for NBA affecting the gross, but I doubt Thrones will affect box office. It has a max of what, ten million viewers? 

I hope JW takes the record only because TA certainly is one of the biggest fails in movie history and does not deserve it

Sure but JW is not exactly a revelation either.

Edited by Elessar
  • Like 1

Btw I went to watch this yesterday in a local theatre and their were around just 25 people there....

Anyways the movie was quite good. Or quite entertaining atleast. Especially the second half.
Quite some thrills there. And the ending....It.Was.Huge.
Quite entertaining all in all. Even though i was pretty sure they won't be able to give us any real new thrills, they did manage to sneak up a few genuine ones here and there. The scenery was pretty beautiful too.

Also Loved how they turned the original's villain into this one's hero

:D

Edited by baumer

The admissions vs box office argument is so tedious. Studios are only bothered about how much a film grosses, not admissions. They don't care and i don't care.

There are too many factors and variables involved anyway so its never perfect, box office numbers are though.

They don't care because they like to use inflation-driven "records" to get more asses in the seats in the following weeks. It is very much a self-interest for them. I think objective observers should be able to call them out on this bullshit. It's interesting that other countries think it's important to count admissions but for some reason we just let Hollywood get away with the spin machine here in North America.

Sure but JW is not exactly a revelation either.

I havent seen it but I don't think it can be worse. However, considering how much some people here hype it, I'm pretty sure it won't meet my sky high expectations. That, and I don't really like Pratt.  :lol:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">SAN ANDREAS took in an estimated $11.01M this weekend. Domestic total stands at $119.32M. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/SanAndreas?src=hash">#SanAndreas</a></p>&mdash; BoxOffice (@BoxOffice) <a href=" 14, 2015</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I hope JW takes the record only because TA certainly is one of the biggest fails in movie history and does not deserve it, but if the Sat number comes closer o the Deadline estimate somehow, it will be hilarious to watch your reaction :lol:

My reaction has nothing to do with what you think it does.  You somehow think Jurassic Park is my favourite series of films.  They're not even in my top 10 for best trilogies.  

My facepalm stuff is because RTH has reported the 70 number something three times now.  So we trust him and that's why I don't understand people like Lordmandeep, a veteran of this site, asking if Deadline is more accurate than RTH.

Get it?