K1stpierre

Jurassic World Weekend Thread | Official Est. 204.6M | 208.8M - Actuals

Holy Fuck!!!!

Who here was expecting that?!

I was expecting a number high teens a few months ago, but recent negativity towards the film on the forum made me think that the hype levels where I live (which would translate to 15-20M previews) weren't the same in the US, so yesterday I was lowballing at 15M. I'm glad to see that my high prediction wasn't wrong... I usually get everything wrong, so this is neat.

This is the greatest gif ever because it features Goldblum and functions as both a *heavy breathing* and "my body is ready" gif.

I have an odd feeling that this will not be as frontloaded as the usual summer fare. Lots of over 30s gonna see this and take the kids, niece, nephew, etc. I see this having an OW very similar to Iron Man Three.

Great number. Don't see it getting to Furious 7 numbers for the weekend, but 140M should be doable.

Why not? Thursday number is 17% higher, and it will be more family-oriented so should do better Thursday to Sunday legs.

• Like 2