#ED

Weekend Estimates: JW: 102 IO 91...RTH: Sun JW 38.3 | IO 25.3 with possible upsides PG 287, possible 107M for JW weekend

Do we remember what TS3 did for it's midnights?

4m, and it was one of the year's most hyped movies. IO had five extra hours but this is a solid million more than I would've thought it could do.

• Like 1

Jesus Christ I am so not ready for this weekend.

I want updates about the crazy number of people that you are gonna have this weekend in your theater. Glorious stuff.

It might seem ironic that Disney is playing a mother-daughter film during Father’s Day weekend, but if little girls have their way, they’ll drag their dads along too on Sunday. As of Wednesday, Inside Out is tracking the strongest with an 80% total awareness among all females under/over 25. High older women tracking numbers are generally the barometer for measuring family turnout during a pic’s opening weekend. http://deadline.com/2015/06/jurassic-world-inside-out-weekend-box-office-dope-1201448898/

• Like 2

It will be another madhouse at your theater. :mellow:

Most likely.

When we do our schedule, corporate always has to approve it and they give their predictions for what our attendance will be.  Last week they told us to cut $1800 from our schedule and they projected a total attendance of 20,000.  We ended up with 30,000 and had to add all that shit back.

This week they projected 28,000 and told us to add everything.  

• Like 4

It might seem ironic that Disney is playing a mother-daughter film during Father’s Day weekend, but if little girls have their way, they’ll drag their dads along too on Sunday. As of Wednesday, Inside Out is tracking the strongest with an 80% total awareness among all females under/over 25. High older women tracking numbers are generally the barometer for measuring family turnout during a pic’s opening weekend. http://deadline.com/2015/06/jurassic-world-inside-out-weekend-box-office-dope-1201448898/

Well it seems to me to be a family movie, not a mother-daughter film. Just b/c it features a girl does not mean that all kids and their parents won't want to see it. But it's deadline, so you know.
  • Like 2

It might seem ironic that Disney is playing a mother-daughter film during Father’s Day weekend, but if little girls have their way, they’ll drag their dads along too on Sunday. As of Wednesday, Inside Out is tracking the strongest with an 80% total awareness among all females under/over 25. High older women tracking numbers are generally the barometer for measuring family turnout during a pic’s opening weekend. http://deadline.com/2015/06/jurassic-world-inside-out-weekend-box-office-dope-1201448898/

This hurts my head...

• Like 4

If it's poised to open really big then colour me surprised. I haven't heard a single person talk about Inside Out, either online or offline, so I didn't think there was much hype/excitement for the movie.

• Like 2

It might seem ironic that Disney is playing a mother-daughter film during Father’s Day weekend, but if little girls have their way, they’ll drag their dads along too on Sunday. As of Wednesday, Inside Out is tracking the strongest with an 80% total awareness among all females under/over 25. High older women tracking numbers are generally the barometer for measuring family turnout during a pic’s opening weekend. http://deadline.com/2015/06/jurassic-world-inside-out-weekend-box-office-dope-1201448898/

That's sexist! Belittling the importance of fathers on father's day! I see a strong feminist agenda behind the release date of this movie!

Jk  :lol:

• Like 1

If it's poised to open really big then colour me surprised. I haven't heard a single person talk about Inside Out, either online or offline, so I didn't think there was much hype/excitement for the movie.

That seems to happen with orginal family movies. Not much buzz online but little kids (and many times their parents) generally aren't online shouting how excited they are for the movie. Families are a huge segment of the movie going populace and something like an original Pixar movie can pull in both kids and their parents w/o generating the same online buzz you see for other would be blockbusters.
  • Like 3

You didn't notice the Inside Out thread at the top of this page for last month or so?  :huh:

• Like 1

Most likely.

When we do our schedule, corporate always has to approve it and they give their predictions for what our attendance will be.  Last week they told us to cut $1800 from our schedule and they projected a total attendance of 20,000.  We ended up with 30,000 and had to add all that shit back.

This week they projected 28,000 and told us to add everything.  

They are expecting some massive numbers.