#ED

Weekend Estimates: JW: 102 IO 91...RTH: Sun JW 38.3 | IO 25.3 with possible upsides PG 287, possible 107M for JW weekend

JW possibly beating catching fires 2nd Friday record. Not the biggest record its broken but it just goes to show its breaking every record physically possible

Catching Fire's second Friday jumped 111% because kids were in school.  The weekday numbers were much much less than JW's, so if JW does hit 30 mill for its second Friday, it's way more impressive.

• Like 1

This looks to be another big weekend so let me remind you guys about a few guidelines we have been following for such threads.

1. Off Topic conversations will happen due to the amount time in between box office numbers are released. However please remember that the main topic will be strictly weekend numbers and off topic conversations will be monitored and limited.

2. DO NOT POST SPOILERS. This includes for movies being released this weekend and any in the past month domestically. Spoilers will not be tolerated. This includes bootleg material or any type of material leading to piracy to new releases.

3. Please do not attack fellow members. Huge numbers can make everyone go crazy. Calm yourself. Have some yogurt or some green tea. There is no need for you to attack anyone on this forum because of their opinion. This happens a lot and we will be monitoring this throughout the thread. Have fun.

This post will be updated as we get numbers.

Thanks

#ED

BoxOffice ‏@BoxOffice  7m7 minutes ago

DOPE earned an estimated $425K from Thursday evening shows. #Dope

BoxOffice ‏@BoxOffice  2m2 minutes ago

Disney/Pixar's INSIDE OUT earned an estimated $3.7M from Thursday evening shows. #InsideOut #Pixar

________

2ND Update, 1:21PM: Word is from mid-day Friday estimates is that DisneyPixar’s girl Inside Out is coming on strong with a revised industry weekend estimate in the low $70Ms. While it’s not the Pixar opening record — that belongs to Toy Story 3  at $110.3M — it’s right up there with the super 2004 opening of The Incredibles at $70.5M. Universal’s Jurassic World per industry estimates is currently looking at a second FSS of $93M-95M, which if that sticks makes it clearly No. 2 among all pics’ second weekends behind The Avengers $103.05. Today’s other new wide release, Dope from Open Road is currently looking at an opening weekend of $5.5M at 2,002 playdates. Open Road snapped up Dope at Sundance with an estimated $7M minimum guarantee and a $15M P&A. The film is looking to rank outside the weekend’s top 5 as of right now.  20th Century Fox/Chernin Entertainment’s Spy has third with $10M and should raise its stateside cume to $74M by Sunday.  Warner Bros./New Line’s San Andreas per industry forecasts is looking at $7M for FSS in its fourth weekend, with a total running cume by Sunday of $131M.

deadline.com

The great oracle foresaw what was to come.

Poor #ED. He had such high hopes for this thread. The dream is collapsing.

Fantastic numbers. Pretty much as expected.

It's OK, I'm doing karaoke tonight and I'm dedicating All of Me just to him.

• Like 2

I obviously wasn't a huge fan of Jurassic World, but I still think it's cool that that a movie like this is having such an awesome effect on people. Besides, it'll introduce a new generation of kids to Jurassic Park, which is always a good thing.

• Like 6

Catching Fire's second Friday jumped 111% because kids were in school.  The weekday numbers were much much less than JW's, so if JW does hit 30 mill for its second Friday, it's way more impressive.

The previous day was Thanksgiving. Kids weren't in school in the US.

So my theater has Dope on 2 screens...2, and Jurassic World on 3. 1 3D. Hmmm. Stupid managemwnt, I wonder if they still have that no refund sign up.

Mind you this is a 14 screener, not one of the 30 screen Calitexas megaplexes. And theyre still playing Avengers too. Well then.

I refuse to accept the possibility that Jurassic World can beat Avatar. In fact I refuse to accept that Jurassic World can make more than Jurassic Park's original theatrical gross adjusted (let's forget about 3D). Even with a 30 million Friday, $600 million is locked. Crazy.