#ED

Weekend Estimates: JW: 102 IO 91...RTH: Sun JW 38.3 | IO 25.3 with possible upsides PG 287, possible 107M for JW weekend

Worst case scenario is 103-109M 

Best case is 120M+

$400M 10-day seems pretty locked now.

My projections now ranging from 640-715M, and the low end on that is really just a guess to cover my ass, nothing is indicating its 10-day multi will be lower than 1.60x

The fact that JW's second weekend is looking like it's heading to over $100m+ is so much more impressive than TA's second weekend. TA had an open field in its second weekend, not a fucking $80m+ opener. 

Everything about JW is more impressive so far. Avengers had one of the best runs of the young century but JW is one-upping it everywhere

It's especially funny cuz this is pretty much exactly what Avengers did to all of TDK's records.

The Nolanites still haven't accepted that KO, I wonder how the Marvelites feel about this one

Edited by Chewy
  • Like 1

Everything about JW is more impressive so far. Avengers had one of the best runs of the young century but JW is one-upping it everywhere

It's especially funny cuz this is pretty much exactly what Avengers did to all of TDK's records.

The Nolanites still haven't accept that KO, I wonder how the Marvelites feel about this one

Fuck you Chewy

• Like 3

Even though I did enjoy JW for sure, I have to say this kind of hold after such a massive OW is a bit shocking to me. I mean it's really nothing special as a film, just a good summer popcorn flick. We get plenty of those though and they don't become the potential highest grossing movie of all time. Not quite sure what's going on here now... :wacko:

I expect JW to get about 96 this weekend.  Heard that too many families with 4 year old kids showed up last weekend to inflate that OW number.  Lots of annoying little kids that were too young to be there.  They won't be there again with Inside Out finishing in the low 70s.

So the top two this weekend are going to combine to gross nearly as much (maybe even match) the OW record gross from the weekend before.

but going to the movies is totally dead

Even though I did enjoy JW for sure, I have to say this kind of hold after such a massive OW is a bit shocking to me. I mean it's really nothing special as a film, just a good summer popcorn flick. We get plenty of those though and they don't become the potential highest grossing movie of all time. Not quite sure what's going on here now... :wacko:

It's dinosaurs...

ahahahaahah just realized JW 2nd week end can beat MOS OW lol

Top opener of june:

1: JW

2 JW 

LOL

Something something something walmart

• Like 1

don't worry, star wars will beat it and people will be even more disappointed in that because this time they'll actually have expectations.

Nostalgia plus one of the best endings of any popcorn movie. As Excel said, it delivers!

• Like 1

Everyone loved Blue, the final

4-way monster battle

is driving the WOM, and the scene where Chris Pratt rides along the Raptors is pretty close to becoming iconic. 

EDIT: Yeah, and Nostalgia. 

Edited by CJohn
  • Like 2

It looks incredible from so many perspectives.

31-35m would mean a friday jump of 75% to 96% in damn mid June. This is just, it's just out of this world to be honest.

It would be. Of course JW had an extraordinary run last WE, so let's hope it behaves the way RTH expects it to.

Fell the same way about the whole thing.

It's dinosaurs...

Didn't get any of the first three to the then all time record though...not even the masterpiece original.

Not that JW is locked to beat Avatar, but with that early Friday range and Father's Day it is now a contender for sure. That's just insane to think about.