#ED

Weekend Estimates: JW: 102 IO 91...RTH: Sun JW 38.3 | IO 25.3 with possible upsides PG 287, possible 107M for JW weekend

So Inside Out was a one-day-wonder at #1.

Will Pixar claim its still got their record of #1 openers? Or do they go by full weekend?

Still a very great start.

Full weekend, for sure. Although actually dethroning the film that just scored the highest grossing OW mere days prior, even for just one day is unbelievable. Go Pixar!

Kinda wonder if Jurassic World and Inside Out switch positions next weekend.

I personally don't think so. IO is going to have a huge Sunday so my guess it drops 45-50% next weekend while dry sack world should level out a little bit and fall maybe in the 40 percent range. That's just a guess but a film always falls harder and its second weekend that does in its third weekend.

Monsters University fell 44% in its second weekend. I think IO can beat that.

If IO has the same drop, assuming a $95 million weekend, that's $53 million.

Edited by Chaz
  • Like 1

I personally don't think so. IO is going to have a huge Sunday so my guess it drops 45-50% next weekend while dry sack world should level out a little bit and fall maybe in the 40 percent range. That's just a guess but a film always falls harder and its second weekend that does in its third weekend.

Voice to text played up again?? :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

• Like 3

First time ever with 3 movies over 50M is happening next weekend. And we now know 2 movies over 100M on the same weekend is possible.

This almost happened with Sherlock Avatar and Chipmunks 2009.

Makes me all the more interested in how BvS and CA: CW would have fared if they'd opened on the same weekend.

There is a ceiling. 300M between both at most. 

So, *looks at 70ish pages of new stuff* what did I miss?

Something about Pixar, Potter, Dinosaurs, Nolan, Marvel movies, BvS, star wars nostalgia, one true god rth, deadline, monster movies, Godzilla being dissed, Tele thought JW was terrible, Indiana jones, raptors are awesome.

I think I covered everything. 

• Like 3