#ED

Weekend Estimates: JW: 102 IO 91...RTH: Sun JW 38.3 | IO 25.3 with possible upsides PG 287, possible 107M for JW weekend

there's one movie every summer that I can't escape the trailer for and this year it's terminator. I mean, goddamn. When I saw jurassic world I started looking at the floor when that trailer played because I just don't want it anymore. 

I got it at Ex_Machina, Avengers 2, Mad Max, Tomorrowland, Spy, Jurassic World and San Andreas...  :mellow: And it will probably show up before Ted 2 as well...

Edited by CJohn

Everything for the rest of the summer will break out except for Ant-Man

Trainsreck $65M OW

$2m thanks to Schumer

$0.2m thanks to Apatow

$1.8 m thanks to John Cena

$1m thanks to date nights/girls night

$61m thanks to Lebron saying "sexual intercourse"

• Like 1

I've seen many night sellouts for Inside Out! I hope it gets a $30M Friday but anything above $27M is still awesome.

Rth said 30-32m, so that's the minimum. He also said he had it much higher, but revised down. If night shows go bonkers expect a 35m Friday. With kids ticket prices too, wow.

• Like 2

Yeah, a lot of late shows in my area around this time and later are selling out. The next available show in my area isn't until two and a half hours. Pixar is huge among milennials.

I could definitely see it coming closer to the higher end of RTH's estimations.

• Like 2

I got it at Ex_Machina, Avengers 2, Mad Max, Tomorrowland, Spy, Jurassic World and San Andreas...  :mellow: And it will probably show up before Ted 2 as well...

I'm glad I haven't had the pleasure of seeing the Terminator Genisys trailer on the big screen. It's painful enough watching it on the small screen, as it is. 

Edited by Insidearcher

there's one movie every summer that I can't escape the trailer for and this year it's terminator. I mean, goddamn. When I saw jurassic world I started looking at the floor when that trailer played because I just don't want it anymore. 

And the first trailer for The Walk.  One of the most annoying self important trailers ever.

This could very well be the second JP movie to sit at #2 unadjusted. JP1 reigned at that spot from September 24th, 1993 until February 2nd, 1997. 3 years, 6 months.

Edit: even more interesting trivia - Titanic passed Jurassic Park for #2 first-run gross on the biggest single day of its run, Valentine's Day 1998.

Edited by cory

At this point we can't take anything for granted.

Not when Dope threatens to obliterate 80% of the BSG.

Playing Dope TV spots every 4 minutes on NBATV for the last month was a bold strategy that seems to have paid off

Yeah, a lot of late shows in my area around this time and later are selling out. The next available show in my area isn't until two and a half hours. Pixar is huge among milennials.

I could definitely see it coming closer to the higher end of RTH's estimations.

The last time I saw late shows sold out for a kids movie was Despicable Me 2. I'm so shocked right now how much Inside Out has done. I wish How to Train Your Dragon 2 did this well last year.

I cant escape the Ant Man trailer. Ive had it at atleast 5 movies. The audience has already stopped laughing at the Thomas the Tank scene. It was funny back in April, buttt we get it now.

• Like 1