#ED

Weekend Estimates: JW: 102 IO 91...RTH: Sun JW 38.3 | IO 25.3 with possible upsides PG 287, possible 107M for JW weekend

I enjoyed the lead actors for sure. Pratt is turning into a legit leading man right before our eyes. Howard was surprisingly good. And gorgeous as hell when she ends up in the tank top.

I even enjoyed the military bad guy as over the top as he was. Felt the actor did a good job in that role.

vin d'onofrio as hugh jackman from chappie as that bad guy from every movie from the 90s was my favourite character. In a movie full of very dumb people he was most certainly the dumbest.

• Like 1

The best thing about movies like JW, TA, etc., is that they are fun action packed movies that aren't trying to be anything but what they are. Fun popcorn movies that entertain. I think that is why they do so well at the BO.

There are lots of popcorn movies that are fun but only the true crowd pleasers break out in a big way.

All it really takes are a few stand out scenes that stuns, thrills or invigorates the crowd.

Avengers had the Hulk vs Loki scene and to a lesser extent some other money shots and funny one liners.

Yes but my hate towards Pixar is justified. They make horrible movies. your hate towards Star Wars is ridiculous as they are fantastic movies. :)

Wtf, they both made good movies. Only pixar movies actualy do look good..

100M in danger for JW. I really wanted 2 movies over 100M. JW is gonna starting loosing ground to Avengers  :angry:

No it won't. Its weekdays were so much bigger already.

• Like 1

When I was standing in line to see JP4 last night, there was a little boy with his mom right behind me. He was begging her to let him see Jurassic. She didn't want to let him see it because "it's scary." I turned around and said the first movie was a lot scarier, that this one was more of a fun thrill ride than anything. She said, "Yeah but the problem is he won't know they aren't real." I said "maybe true."

He wanted to see it so bad, haha. He was probably 4 years old or so.

I feel bad for the kid but 4 is kind of young.

I'd wait till 8 years old to show a kid intense PG-13.

I was planning to take my kids to see IO next week.

What are the chances the movie turns me into a crying, blubbering mess?

Pretty high especially if your kids are girls in the 0-to-15 age range. 

Edited by Jake Gittes