Asyulus

CIVIL WAR OS | $744M OS | $1.15B WW

19 minutes ago, James said:

I doubt it comes near AoU OS. The second weekend holds in a lot of (major) markets are not as good after weaker openings. 

can u give me some data coz i went to all other thread and except russian(opening) and UK,they dont have any number

14 minutes ago, GOXOG said:

can u give me some data coz i went to all other thread and except russian(opening) and UK,they dont have any number

France is expected to drop 65-70%, for Germany you just have to look at the thread title ("hard drop for CW") and their trends are always accurate so you can take their words for it, then there is Russia of course, but that just opened. In Italy, again, a new opener, it was weaker than Avengers, AoU and IM3, while the UK seems to be going through a rough patch for all movies (a lot to do with good weather). 

It will have a few places where it will increase over AoU, mostly Asia (even though in Japan is expected to fall from that), but generally it is not matching AoU. Hence, my affirmation that it will not come near it. 

9 minutes ago, James said:

France is expected to drop 65-70%, for Germany you just have to look at the thread title ("hard drop for CW") and their trends are always accurate so you can take their words for it, then there is Russia of course, but that just opened. In Italy, again, a new opener, it was weaker than Avengers, AoU and IM3, while the UK seems to be going through a rough patch for all movies (a lot to do with good weather). 

It will have a few places where it will increase over AoU, mostly Asia (even though in Japan is expected to fall from that), but generally it is not matching AoU. Hence, my affirmation that it will not come near it. 

u cant use just europe number to determine all os number,the way i see it,it doing great in latin and ok in asian

On 28/04/2016 at 4:28 PM, ArmGunar said:

Final numbers for France's OD : 288 662 admissions (around $2.4M)

Best opening day for the year 

4th best opening for Marvel Studios (Ultron's 333k, IM3's 318k, Avengers' 302k)

+160% from Captain TWS's 111k

That's fantastic, comicbook movies clearly gained ground here in France and in that case that's deserved, without even being named "Avengers"

On 28/04/2016 at 6:23 PM, Olive said:

In South Korea ($4.3 million), the Philippines ($1.5 million) and Hong Kong ($1.1 million), Civil War scored the No. 3 opening of all time. And in France, it nabbed the top opening day of 2016 so far with $2.4 million.

Asia is really in love with this genre these days, that's really impressive for Captain America :D

On 28/04/2016 at 8:41 PM, Purple Minion said:

Latin America is Marvel territory, and compared with April 2015, all major currencies are down: Mexico and Chile 15%, Colombia and Brazil 25%, Argentina 60%, Venezuela totally plummeted. I think ER is also down in Asia but not as bad. Doubt the Euro would make much difference, don't remember any stellar run from AOU in there.

ER will be back to healthier levels in a year or 2 I think, and when that's the case you'll see very impressive numbers :)

On 29/04/2016 at 11:11 PM, Olive said:

As far as I know BVS's OD included a big amount of previews, maybe they took that out?

Damn it, Brazil thread is a shithole, so hard to dig up some useful information.

Edit: I think its biggest OD of this year,bigger than BVS OD excluding previews.Need confirmation.

Don't worry I'm here now, it's serious again :P And you have A LOT of information on page 1 ;)

On 30/04/2016 at 5:25 PM, Purple Minion said:

Go Mexico! Mojo:

Captain America: Civil War opened yesterday in an additional 8 international markets to take the total number opened to date to 38 territories. The film continues to place at #1 in all markets as its three-day total is now $84 million, tracking on par with Avengers: Age of Ultron in the same suite of markets.

New releases in key markets include $7.3 million in Mexico, #1 industry opening day of all-time beating Ultron's previous record. In the UK the film opened #1 with $7 million, +33% ahead of Ultron and more than double Iron Man 3. In Japan it brought in $2.8 million, more than double Iron Man 3 and not comparable to Ultron, which opened on a Saturday.

MEXICO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wub:

On 30/04/2016 at 5:54 PM, Heretic said:

UK number is massive! Heading for biggest superhero opening ever, and one of the biggest ever 4 day openings including Monday. Similar numbers to JW, which made $100m.

God Saves the Queen! B) That's amazing :)

2 hours ago, grey ghost said:

So what's the range now?

875-925 m OS

425-475 m DOM

1.3-1.4 b WW

Won't beat Avengers or AOU WW but should comfortably end up ahead of IM3.

That sounds about right for OS (850-870m). Apparently it won't match AoU in China, France, Germany, Russia or Japan (and neither in Mexico and Italy I think). Don't know about SK, UK and Brazil yet. 

I think to keep in mind is we all said the same thing about horrible drops by AOU and then it did well in its latter weeks.

Considering its still pretty open market overseas till X-men I think it will be fine.

29 minutes ago, Heretic said:

Dropped 65% in the UK, way bigger than previous MCU films. Due to weather. Next weekend, it'll probably stay flat or drop under 20%.

I find the way common (not extreme) weather affects theater going so heavily in Europe fascinating.