Asyulus

CIVIL WAR OS | $744M OS | $1.15B WW

24 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

To only make $800m O/S it would need to do about $80-100m under IM3 in all non China markets and I don't see that happening even with the lower exchange rate

It made $220m this w/e.  I really don't think it's only going to do another $300m off of that. 

BvS made about another $300m off a $242m opening and it dropped like a rock in most markets with about a 1.65 multiplier in China and I think even worse in Russia.

Of those 220m, almost 100 was just China. It will make another 100m there. So just 124m from the other countries and that includes a bunch of new openers.That means it needs another 200m+ from the other territories. It will likely get that, but much more might prove difficult considering it already opened everywhere. That, and the fact that X-Men opens everywhere except for US, China and Japan in 9 days. So it only had this next week to recover before it gets hit by competition.   

• Like 1

About Europe, yes the drops were bad, but not only is it in its second weekend and thus the worse drops on this weekend then holdovers, but also good weather has a much bigger impact on box office in Europe than in the US.  I wouldn't be surprised if CW has <10% drops in Europe next week.

• Like 4

Overseas drops were less noticeable, because China's huge numbers managed to mask the other drops.

Given the fact that there's no new market to open, we'll have a better idea about the drops during the next weekend.

I think we might have Iron Man 3 final numbers as CW final worlwide grosses. 1.2 billion worldwide is my bet.  Numbers are unpredictable and we also have X-Men Apocalypse soon. So, let's wait for the long haul.

7 hours ago, TommyA10 said:

That's way too high...

Just playing with the numbers.

Putting in the OW estimate of 181.8 mil in my spreadsheet, giving it fairly standard weekend drops and weekly multipliers, I end up with 490 mil domestic finish.

Then I just apply Dom:OS ratio.

37:63 gives WW of 1.324 bil

32:68 gives WW of 1.531 bil

Domestic              489,918,259 37%
Overseas              834,185,144 63%
Worldwide           1,324,103,402  

Domestic              489,918,259 32%
Overseas           1,041,076,300 68%
Worldwide           1,530,994,559  

It currently stands at 27:73, as per BOM

Edited by newbie BO buff

11 hours ago, newbie BO buff said:

I am now calling it 834 million to 1.04 billion OS.

Add 489 million domestic to a WW total between 1.32-1.53 billion

Why do you need a 206 mill prediction range 10 days after OW and 100% of markets in works??

If you want to "call" you have to be more precise.. That "prediction" is on the high side and everything over 950 mill is next to impossible atp... Maybe even 900 mill..

18 minutes ago, FilmBuff said:

Not really. This film could do 1.35 billion. That's a legitimate number. 

No its not.. You think it can do 1,35B OS???? That just crazy talk

11 minutes ago, newbie BO buff said:

Just playing with the numbers.

Putting in the OW estimate of 181.8 mil in my spreadsheet, giving it fairly standard weekend drops and weekly multipliers, I end up with 490 mil domestic finish.

Then I just apply Dom:OS ratio.

37:63 gives WW of 1.324 bil

32:68 gives WW of 1.531 bil

Domestic              489,918,259 37%
Overseas              834,185,144 63%
Worldwide           1,324,103,402  

Domestic              489,918,259 32%
Overseas           1,041,076,300 68%
Worldwide           1,530,994,559  

It currently stands at 27:73, as per BOM

Not to give you a hard time or be rude but LOL...

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, fmpro said:

Why do you need a 206 mill prediction range 10 days after OW and 100% of markets in works??

If you want to "call" you have to be more precise.. That "prediction" is on the high side and everything over 950 mill is next to impossible atp... Maybe even 900 mill..

because I'm a newbie?