Asyulus

CIVIL WAR OS | $744M OS | $1.15B WW

16 minutes ago, FilmBuff said:

Fmpro I meant 1.35 billion WW.

Ahhh. You just replied "Not really" to TommyA10's response that 1,04B OS was way to high...

19 minutes ago, FilmBuff said:

Fmpro I meant 1.35 billion WW.

But 1,35 is a very likely number atp... I agree.. But its not doing much higher..

It looks like it will be closer to 1,3 than 1,4

With a 178 opening and 2.5-2.6 multiplier we have 445-462 DOM. Winter Soldier had a 2.73 opening to half of CW. I see it a reasonable range, although the 2.6 factor maybe optimistic. But we will see it better next days and with 2nd weekend drop.

Overseas, let's say 200 from China (1.3b Yuan). And excluding China it was at 400 by yesterday after a 125m 2nd weekend. Let's say it makes another 250 (x3 multiplier since this weekend, what would be quite good considering Apocalypse comes soon).

IMHO, 450 DOM (2.52 multiplier) + 850 OS = 1.3b WW, just in the middle between IM3 (1.215b) and AoU (1.405b). No matter how you look at it: great performance.

Edited by peludo
  • Like 3

58 minutes ago, newbie BO buff said:

Just playing with the numbers.

Putting in the OW estimate of 181.8 mil in my spreadsheet, giving it fairly standard weekend drops and weekly multipliers, I end up with 490 mil domestic finish.

Unless it gets incredible and unexpected legs, that is not likely. Both Winter Soldier and Civil War have been similarly received by both critics and audiences. There is not a logical reason for Civil War, opening double than Winter Soldier, making a better multiplier. Get ready for something between TDKR (448) and Ultron (459).

• Like 1

OS total went down 2.6m, Mojo has $494.0 million now

+179.14 domestic = $673 million

I think it'll reach up to 1,300 million but won't get over.

Edited by IMojammer

33 minutes ago, John Marston said:

looks like Civil War also had a harsh drop in Australia. Was there warm weather there too?

Well, sure. But Australia gets a fuckton of sun, just like the sunbelt of the USA. People won't avoid the cinemas because it's nice out.

20 minutes ago, newbie BO buff said:

Applying the actual domestic OW of 179.1 mil

Domestic             442,631,410      32%

Overseas             940,591,746      68%

Worldwide        1,383,223,156

looks like the 800m range seems more realistic for overseas

19 minutes ago, newbie BO buff said:

Applying the actual domestic OW of 179.1 mil

Domestic             442,631,410      32%

Overseas             940,591,746      68%

Worldwide        1,383,223,156

Well over Iron Man 3, so that's good.

Hopefully Harry Potter DH2 is going down too.

Excelsior!

1 hour ago, John Marston said:

looks like the 800m range seems more realistic for overseas

something along these lines?

Domestic             442,631,410     35%

Overseas             822,029,761     65%

Worldwide        1,264,661,171

I'm waiting for the Monday numbers, state side and OS, but at this point I don't think 1.3b WW is happening. Even Latin America countries look at medium-big drops from AoU. It will lose about 40m from AoU just in China. 1.25b should happen if it doesn't fall of the cliff OS next week because of X-Men. 

Edited by James

6 hours ago, James said:

I'm waiting for the Monday numbers, state side and OS, but at this point I don't think 1.3b WW is happening. Even Latin America countries look at medium-big drops from AoU. It will lose about 40m from AoU just in China. 1.25b should happen if it doesn't fall of the cliff OS next week because of X-Men. 

X-Men comes out the week after

The Monday drop (-68.5%) in the US&Can is the third-best among summer starters superhero films since 2003. Only the first Avengers dropped less (-67%) and Thor (-68%). The latter's first Sunday was also Mother's Day. However, even if the Sunday gross was $45M as originally projected (assuming it was lower because of Mother's Day), the drop would have been 70.3%, still much better than most summer starter superhero films (most importantly, it's way better than Iron Man 3 and Age of Ultron). Dunno how much we can make of this gross but hopefully it means that its drops will be more similar to Avengers rather than Age of Ultron.

Edited by Quigley