kayumanggi

RAMPAGE | 13 April 2018 | Warner Brothers | Dwayne Johnson

Rampage will probably get it's money back, but the studio will not make a lot off of it.

And,try to put a good face on it as you will, to be beaten decisively by a low budget sci fi film in it's second week does not scream "Box office blockbuster" to me.

3 hours ago, TombRaider said:

thank god this flopped, yas gawd!

It did not flop. It underperformed compared to what the studio expected it to do, but the overseas will allow the studio to at least break even on the movie. Not what the studio wanted, of course, but better then actually going into the red on a move.

Might well end up making a modest profit. Just like Tomb Raider...

Edited by dudalb
  • Like 1

It's the elephant in the room, but I also have to imagine that the looming release of Infinity War is sucking dollars and attention at least a little out of Rampage's box office.

Maybe only at the margins.  But that might be the difference between low-to-mid 30s and high 30s to low 40s.

Edited by Porthos

53 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

You're saying that because you disliked it or because you hope it makes less than Tomb Raider? Because.... it will make more than TR. Both DOM and OS. TR won't even make 60 DOM and 280 WW. Rampage will make 70/300.

so... EVERYONE is gonna bring up tomb raider every time I speak??

One of these years when yall do the "best reviewed video game movie!" bit it'll actually have, yknow, good reviews

gonna take a couple decades of inching up, but we'll get there, I know it. I believe

8 minutes ago, Chewy said:

One of these years when yall do the "best reviewed video game movie!" bit it'll actually have, yknow, good reviews

gonna take a couple decades of inching up, but we'll get there, I know it. I believe

God's plan.

drake%20gods-plan.jpg?itok=vOn_-9n8

1 hour ago, Chewy said:

Castlevania is no slouch. It's essentially a film broken up into short episodes. I'll take it!

Edited by ThePhasmid

3 hours ago, dudalb said:

It did not flop. It underperformed compared to what the studio expected it to do, but the overseas will allow the studio to at least break even on the movie. Not what the studio wanted, of course, but better then actually going into the red on a move.

Might well end up making a modest profit. Just like Tomb Raider...

It'll make enough for New Line to greenlight another movie with Johnson and Peyton directing. 

Edited by Jonwo
  • Like 1