kayumanggi

RAMPAGE | 13 April 2018 | Warner Brothers | Dwayne Johnson

54 minutes ago, Barnack said:

If it does stay April 20 in the US, would it be the biggest head to head against at SH blockbuster type movie release outside the Christmas season ?

Does not seem that obvious counter programming wise.

Not against a SH movie, but Jumanji did just fine after TLJ. And yes Jumanji is a family movie and a comedy, but competition doesn't get much bigger than SW (that is also a family movie among other things).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MrGlass2 said:

Not against a SH movie, but Jumanji did just fine after TLJ. And yes Jumanji is a family movie and a comedy, but competition doesn't get much bigger than SW (that is also a family movie among other things).

That why the outside Christmas season bit, competition to Avatar did really well, competition to Star Wars also, there is quite the room for legs around that time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

From WB's POV, it's give them more breathing space but it was always scheduled for early OS release so they're essentially doing what Disney with IW and make it day and date with the rest of the world with the domestic release.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Porthos said:

No, apparently WB "blinked".  I mean, if we're holding them to the same standard as Disney, that is. ;)

which is fair to say both did ;)  

The April TCs will be pretty interesting. This is how I can see the month going:

A Quiet Place: 3,300

Blockers: 3,000 (no brainers on these two)

Isle of Dogs: 2,200 (the trailer has been in too many trailer rotations for it to not have a substantial wide release; it has to expand on here)

Chappaquiddick: 2,000 (we'll see how much power Entertainment Studios has with the amount of releases next week)

Rampage: 4,000

Truth or Dare: 3,000 (no brainers on these two)

The Miracle Season: 2,200 (the trailer was at a lot of Jumanji and Last Jedi showings, and the film has a premise that plays well in rural areas)

Sgt. Stubby: 1,500 (I'll be shocked if this pushes 2k theaters)

Overboard: 1,200 (the amount of releases makes me think this will open like a typical Eugenio Derbez film instead of doing more than usual)

Borg vs McEnroe: 800 (this ain't breaking 1k theaters)

I Feel Pretty: 3,000 (no brainer)

Tully: 2,200 (feels likely that Focus will get this into 2k; it'll have legs going into Mother's Day, so theaters will want to grab it)

Super Troopers 2: 1,500 (smaller theaters won't bother with this bomb when IW needs the screens next week)

Infinity War: 4,400 (is the TC record happening?)

Traffik: 1,600 (nobody wants this)

Bad Samaritan: 1,000 (ditto)

• Like 2