Alpha

Wednesday Numbers | Official Estimates: Magic Mike XXL - 9.3M; Terminator: Genisys - 8.9M

Actually, it still doesn't.

Wednesday 9

Thursday 8

Friday 11

Saturday 7

Sunday 8

43M for the 5-day and I'm being relatively conservative here. These are based on the daily drops and increases from the openers back in 2009, when the fourth also fell on a Saturday.

I just don't see how it makes less than 40M over the five days. Something like that would defy the laws of physics.

This one gonna be more frontloaded than movies back then and its having mediocre reception/horrible reviews which inhibits good legs.

Just watched TG, I went in with an open mind, but yes unfortunately it is a mess. The action is getting a pass, but the story is so embarrassingly bad that some heads must fall at Paramount. I don't get the hate why they shouldn't have made the film, it's not a problem. The problem is that it sucks. Had it been a brilliant film it could have legged it to 175-200m easily, now even 100m is in jeopardy.

Edited by Alfredstellar

The Terminator franchise reminds me of the end of T2

T3 was the chip that needed to be destroyed in the molten steel

TS was robot arm that needed to be destroyed in the molten steel

TG like the T-800 also must be destroyed and is being lowered into the molten steel because it cannot self terminate.

Somewhere Gb is ordering it not to go.

TG knows now why we cry, but it cannot.

(BTW that ending still gets me)

• Like 2

Not OD but lots of folks predicted sub 100m domestic and bombage for T5. So the OD number is not surprising at all. I was all along thinking sub 40m 5-day weekend and it looks like that for sure.

Well there was one person who was adamant that there was no way in hell that Terminator Genisys would flop.

The Terminator franchise reminds me of the end of T2

T3 was the chip that needed to be destroyed in the molten steel

TS was robot arm that needed to be destroyed in the molten steel

TG like the T-800 also must be destroyed and is being lowered into the molten steel because it cannot self terminate.

Somewhere Gb is ordering it not to go.

TG knows now why we cry, but it cannot.

(BTW that ending still gets me)

what about the robot arm that got stuck in the gears and was never truly destroyed?  they made a big about having to destroy the arm but forgot about the one Arnold lost. i was almost sure that was going to be used in a sequel, but nothing ever came out of that.

Terminator is getting some unexpected Twitter buzz now, thanks to this mistake lol.

http://ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com/96666935.html

Well, its not a mistake, really, just a very timely coincidence.  I mean, its sad that someone died, but the circumstances of the reporting are hilarious.

"Guys. I don't even know what skynet is." Lol.

• Like 1

rewatch Transformers 1 on netfix. We can say anything about Bay we can hate him but he knows how to fillm action scene damn it :)

Imo he is the best action scene director with cameron and i don't LOVe bay :)