Mojoguy

Weekend Thread: Weekend Actuals: IO 29.77, JW 29.24, TG 27.02, | IO Wins Weekend!

Look at 2009. Pixar's Up increased 7.5%, Ice Age jumped 16.3%, Transformers 2 jumped 27.6%, and The Hangover jumped 40.9%.

I am. I still think it's entirely conjecture. Saturday was kinder to the action movies by a long stretch, which didn't happen in '09.

Either:

A) he doesn't care

B ) he's trolling people

C) he's unqualified for his job.

I'm going to go with either option B or C.

His job at IMDB was basically writing about movie premieres

You know what's having an undervalued and overlooked run this summer? I'll See You In My Dreams. It's made almost $6M despite never reaching 300 theaters after 8 weeks, and is on track to make more than high profile bombs like Blackhat and Mortdecai which played in infinitely more theaters. Clearly it's caught on as alternative fare for older audiences, so an $8-9M makes it one of the quieter heroes of the season. Even more impressive that it's likely gonna end up making more than Me and Earl and the Dying Girl, despite the movie being heavily touted as this summer's big indie breakout back at the beginning of the season.

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=weekend&id=dreams15.htm

• Like 4

I am. I still think it's entirely conjecture. Saturday was kinder to the action movies by a long stretch, which didn't happen in '09.

My post wasn't directed at you. Was just providing it for the other dude who didn't understand the reason for the projections.

I will repeat this fragment of a conversation I heard between some women about MM and/or MMXXL: "Too much plot."

Idk if anyone here has actually seen it but MM is great. One of my favorite Soderberghs. I'll definitely check out XXL soon and be one of the 4% :)

• Like 4

The first movie was released the last weekend of June 2012

WB made a mistake by releasing XXL on a holiday weekend.

This hurt the box office numbers.

Holidays are family time, so family movies are going to rule the weekend.

IO (Rated G), JW&TG (Rated PG-13) these are movies you can take your family to see together.

XXL being Rated R didn't have that luxury.

• Like 1

You know what's having an undervalued and overlooked run this summer? I'll See You In My Dreams. It's made almost $6M despite never reaching 300 theaters after 8 weeks, and is on track to make more than high profile bombs like Blackhat and Mortdecai which played in infinitely more theaters. Clearly it's caught on as alternative fare for older audiences, so an $8-9M makes it one of the quieter heroes of the season. Even more impressive that it's likely gonna end up making more than Me and Earl and the Dying Girl, despite the movie being heavily touted as this summer's big indie breakout back at the beginning of the season.

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=weekend&id=dreams15.htm

Go Mama GOOP! Just kidding I know Blythe Danner is a stand-out actress in her own right. Just watched her yesterday in 1776.

IO (Rated G), JW&TG (Rated PG-13) these are movies you can take your family to see together.

Doesn't help when 96% of the audience is one gender. Limits potential big time.

Damn JPWorld looks to beat Avengers 1 domestically!! lol... Wow

Holy Crap Terminator genesis fizzles but doesnt flop completely. Pretty Strong Opening OS though :-o!!!

Only SWs can beat JPWorld now guys

Check your PM!

Most family films didn't do very well Thursday to Sunday. I think Inside Out and Max are going to have very strong holds throughout the weekdays this week. IO will be around MU's total around Thursday, actually.

actually the R rating does not affect it's box office because Tammy opened with 21 million(33 million 5 days) and made 84 million domestic, Terminator 3 did 44 million(72 million 5 days) and made 150 million domestic. So no Magic Mike was lost in a shuffle in which even if it came last weekend it would not have done anything different it should have been released on Mother's Day weekend instead of the 4th of July weekend.