CJohn

Weekend Estimates: Minions - 115.2M; JW - 18.1M; Inside Out - 17.1M; Gallows - 10M; Self/Less - 5.4M; MMXXL - 9.6M; T5 - 13.7M

I don't know, the Avengers 2 thread had everything the CF weekend thread did (minus the NFL), and it did it in the new "No derailments" era. Adjusted for that, it beats the CF thread easily. http://forums.boxofficetheory.com/topic/18564-avengers-official-wknd-estimates-191m-disney/

Although, in terms of post counts to number of users, the TDKR weeekend thread would still come out on top but it was also unfairly boosted by external events which may result in the numbers being goosed.

We need an inflation adjusted chart for sure.

The NFL makes a lot he difference for me.

The Avengers thread had a hint of depressing to it. A small element of us wanted that movie to beat the record. To go from OW record to as low as 185 got a bit gloomy. Catching Fire never had a chance, and it recovered well.  But it was a great roller coaster of emotions that still didn't have too much of a bittersweet ending.

Edited by MrPink

Minions 40 

JW 7.9

IO 7.3 

TG 6

Mike 3.6

Gallows/Self/less - I didn't care to look up the comps

MMXXL's gonna have the best legs of the summer. 

Edited by Gopher
  • Like 8

The NFL makes a lot he difference for me.

The Avengers thread had a hint of depressing to it. A small element of us wanted that movie to beat the record. To go from OW record to as low as 185 got a bit gloomy. Catching Fire never had a chance, and it recovered well.  But it was a great roller coaster of emotions that still didn't have too much of a bittersweet ending.

Plus, after its amazing recovery, the official estimates were at 161m and Nolan fans were crushed. Then it turns out it was overestimated by 3m. So many amazing swings over the weekend.

• Like 2

Plus, after its amazing recovery, the official estimates were at 161m and Nolan fans were crushed. Then it turns out it was overestimated by 3m. So many amazing swings over the weekend.

And then the actuals...

tumblr_m8i5rkLO0A1rtmlvfo6_500.gif

giphybatman.gif

Edited by redfirebird2008
  • Like 7

Minions 40 

JW 7.9

IO 7.3 

TG 6

Mike 3.6

Gallows/Self/less - I didn't care to look up the comps

MMXXL's gonna have the best legs of the summer. 

I'll be damned. Ethan and Tele were right. Minions will do in the vicinity of 85M, I will just assume they meant over Friday+Saturday.

• Like 4

He's outdone himself this time, that title doesn't even make sense.

He outdones himself every weekend. Lord Keith is the gift that keeps on giving.

What was the weekend thread that turned into pages upon pages of Pokemon, and led to the derailment policy?

Also, the random daily thread that turned into the infamous live riff of Free Birds.

Summer 2014 before GOTG was so boring, it seemed like every numbers thread was a new tangent.

That Pokemon shit was the worst. The fucking worst

• Like 2

I'll be damned. Ethan and Tele were right. Minions will do in the vicinity of 85M, I will just assume they meant over Friday+Saturday.

No animation record, tho.