grim22

Aladdin live action movie | 24 MAY 2019 | Disney | 7th most profitable movie of 2019. Disney does it again!

2 hours ago, Krissykins said:

Nah, not 1%. 

See, everyone’s different, I don’t really love comic book films and I thought Suicide Squad was the worst of the DCEU bunch. 

Different strokes for different folks. 

I also enjoyed the Disney animated films when I was a kid, but none of the remakes have been worth more than a 6/10 imo.  

Nah, you have good taste...Suicide Squad got the D+ over BvS's F just b/c it was so bad, it became funny:)...worst 2 DCEU movies by a mile, IMHO:)...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

guys please stop replying to my post like you think i've only heard of four comic book movies. i'm aware of all these films.

Yet you seriously think Suicide Squad is worse then Batman and Robin the movie that KILLED the Batman film brand for 10 years and was a movie solely used to sell toys. Or Catwoman which is purrfectly terrible. I would love for you to name one thing that is good about Catwoman.

Edited by Cappoedameron
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Knock It Off 1

5 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

Nah, you have good taste...Suicide Squad got the D+ over BvS's F just b/c it was so bad, it became funny:)...worst 2 DCEU movies by a mile, IMHO:)...

This is correct. I knew it was horrible going in but it funny in a few moments, consistently messy everywhere. Expectations were crap. Now on movies you spend 250+ producing with massive marketing budgets I expect greatness, not dog crap.

• Like 1

The animated one made 217M in 1992. Huge numbers. BATB made 218M  in 1991.  So about the same.

Aladdin is a huge brand. The live action should have done numbers comparable to BATB2017. Alas, won't happen, but it will not bomb with Under 200M. No way...i can't see it. Why would it/ what changed so much from 2017 when Beauty was released.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Alli said:

The animated one made 217M in 1992. Huge numbers. BATB made 218M  in 1991.  So about the same.

Aladdin is a huge brand. The live action should have done numbers comparable to BATB2017. Alas, won't happen, but it will not bomb with Under 200M. No way...i can't see it. Why would it/ what changed so much from 2017 when Beauty was released.

A much less appealing product and Disney remake fatigue.

• Like 6
  • Knock It Off 1

Ideally this should have reached the heights of Beauty and the Beast. But I just think Disney dropped the ball on this one. I think if they released a banging first trailer, with the Genie looking right and giving folks "A Whole New World," playing in the background people would have been sold from the start. But they released a pretty bad first trailer with subsequent clips  not being much better. 

If the film ends up actually being good, I'm going to be very confused as to why Disney didn't just wait to release a trailer with good footage that attempted capture the magic of the original. Even if it meant delaying the movie to a later date, which they should have done anyways. 

In my opinion, that's really the biggest difference between BATB and this. BATB's first trailer captured that magic that everyone was accustomed to from the original. This one had a trailer that became the laughing stock of the internet. Kinda hard to win people back over after a bad  first impression. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Brainbug said:

I know right? Atleast you can laugh at Batman & Robin, Elekra, Catwoman and Co. Atleast you can find some enjoyment in those film with some alcohol and friends.

Suicide Squad though is pure pain.

Not pure pain, Margot Robbie as Harley Quinn is a lot of fun;but other then that SS is simply terrible.

Batman and Robin at least,  has a trainwreck fascination about it:it;s like the producers could not decide whether to do a semi serious Batman film like the previious ones in the Burton series, or go full blast Adam West camp and silly, tried to do both and ended up with a total mess. But a mess that is fascinating to watch just to see how they screwed up so bad.

1 hour ago, Cappoedameron said:

Or Catwoman which is purrfectly terrible. I would love for you to name one thing that is good about Catwoman.

Well, I’d rather watch Catwoman on a loop for 20 hours than watch 10 minutes of Elektra 😂

• Like 1
  • Knock It Off 1