AniNate

Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle | December 22 2017 | Special showings for Amazon Prime members on December 8

1 hour ago, Christmas baumer said:

I think this is way too low.  With the exception of TLJ, what else is there this holiday season that is going to get people excited, especially families?  I think this has a chance to be over 100 million by the end of the second weekend.

PG release that should be in theater during this holiday season early jan:

The stars

Ferdinand

The Man Who Invented Christmas

Coco

The King’s Daughter 

The Greatest Showman

Pg-13:

Permanent

Star wars

Jumanji

Pitch Perfect 3

The Post

You are right that the competition will not be particularly strong, studio leaved it to Star Wars.

If it reach 150m domestic like a central intelligence a bit boosted I can see 425-450m WW possible, even thought Kevin Hart is an american phenomenom, Dwayne compensate for that intl and the first Jimanji played below 40% domestic in the 90s and Star wars is not a giant monster everywhere either.

For some reason I was really annoyed by this headline: ‘Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle ‘ Early Buzz: Surprisingly, A Totally Fun and Funny Romp. Surprising? Literally every trailer released for this looks like a fun adventure comedy. I'm glad to hear it's good, but it always has looked like a ton of fun

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Disbelief 1

Just now, Blankments said:

For some reason I was really annoyed by this headline: ‘Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle ‘ Early Buzz: Surprisingly, A Totally Fun and Funny Romp. Surprising? Literally every trailer released for this looks like a fun adventure comedy. I'm glad to hear it's good, but it always has looked like a ton of fun

Hmmm the reaction on social media to the first trailer was pretty horrendous. 

• ...wtf 1

2 hours ago, Krissykins said:

Hmmm the reaction on social media to the first trailer was pretty horrendous. 

I'm starting to ask, if there are Anti-Sony bots around, as this is the reception to pretty much everythint they release nowadays.

I reall wish them all the best, we need a variety of major Studios.

• Like 2

The crowd I saw this with at Justice League really enjoyed the trailer. I actually now think this could do really well over the Christmas season, especially if buzz does lead to good WOM. It looks fun!

Edited by Fancyarcher

3 hours ago, Blankments said:

I agree honestly. The trailers have delivered on silly comedy, and it looks like a fun time. This is going to break out for sure from the mild expectations. 

• Like 1

I posted it a while ago in this thread, but the last time the release calendar set up this way was 12 years ago and Night at the Museum made $250m

This has a shot to get there.  It will be very crowded, but theaters will go with this over Ferdinand once it releases.  Theater owners already know that Downsizing is mediocre and Father Figures is complete garbage.  Pitch Perfect 3 is set up for a very hard fall (they should have moved this) and nobody knows what to make of The Greatest Showman yet.  

Don't be surprised if this breaks out.  

• Like 10

6 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

I posted it a while ago in this thread, but the last time the release calendar set up this way was 12 years ago and Night at the Museum made $250m

Yeah but there was no, y'know, Star Wars

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Chewy said:

Yeah but there was no, y'know, Star Wars

Yeah, but Disney is also going to want 65% and Sony is going to want around 50% and theaters would rather save 15% if they know it is going to sell out.  It will make the difference in some theaters on what gets the extra theater or bigger theater.  

• Like 6

17 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

This has a shot to get there.  It will be very crowded, but theaters will go with this over Ferdinand once it releases.  Theater owners already know that Downsizing is mediocre and Father Figures is complete garbage.  Pitch Perfect 3 is set up for a very hard fall (they should have moved this) and nobody knows what to make of The Greatest Showman yet.  

Don't be surprised if this breaks out.  

Just curious, how do you think the other Christmas releases you mentioned (Downsizing, FF, PP3) will fare overall?

Personally, I cant imagine Downsizing or FF getting much more than 2000 theatres, and both opening with sub 10M/30-60M total. PP3 I think could do 30/100, but I completely agree that Jumanji could be the next NATM (thinking around Sing numbers minus maybe 30-60M).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DAJK said:

Just curious, how do you think the other Christmas releases you mentioned (Downsizing, FF, PP3) will fare overall?

Personally, I cant imagine Downsizing or FF getting much more than 2000 theatres, and both opening with sub 10M/30-60M total. PP3 I think could do 30/100, but I completely agree that Jumanji could be the next NATM (thinking around Sing numbers minus maybe 30-60M).

Downsizing and Father Figures are dead in the water.  If theaters had a choice, then Father Figures would get around 200 screens.  Pitch Perfect 3 is in for a big drop unless reviews are good.  I would say it makes around $100m if they are lucky.  

The Greatest Showman is the wild card to me.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, EmpireCity said:

Yeah, but Disney is also going to want 65% and Sony is going to want around 50% and theaters would rather save 15% if they know it is going to sell out.  It will make the difference in some theaters on what gets the extra theater or bigger theater.  

So Disney wants 65% of DOM gross for the whole run? Or only OW?